Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is Coleman needs replacing immediately with a quality starting RB not a young lad who'll likely need a 2-3 seasons to develop into the player we need now.

If funds are tight just get in 1-2 stop gap loans until next summer.

….no reason why this lad couldn’t share the workload with Coleman, it seems an ideal scenario to me. Coleman is still doing a job, good timing to bring in a really progressive young RB who can win that spot.

Much prefer this to paying £30m for Aarons at RB.

I hate this post

Because anyone who's 18-21 is instantly hyped up in our fanbase and anyone 28-30 is instantly crap / on the decline.

None of us know who this lad is and chances are he would be absolutely bossing it for Rangers/Scotland if he was ready to be doing the business at a top 10 PL club as a starting RB.

Take the Zat glasses off and look at the reality of the situation and our dire need of an instant quality RB not a young kid who will need time to develop.

I know I'm not Mikey but I'm from Scotland and watch a hellava lot of Scottish football.

This lad is a superb player. Extremely talented and will be a star. He's the all round modern day full back, great technique, mobile and pacey, great going forward.

He came into the rangers side towards the end of last season and was an absolute standout, in a side that were flying at the time. He was excellent in rangers uefa cup run also so he's done it out with Scotland. The only slight question mark would be defensively he hasn't been tested too much for the obvious reasons.

If we get him for 5m, it's a possibility given rangers financial stuggles, then it would be an outstanding piece of business and right back sorted for many years.

I can just see Gerrard bending over backwards now trying to sell him to Liverpool, he absolutely hates us but I do feel the feeling is mutual. :)

Problem is Coleman needs replacing immediately with a quality starting RB not a young lad who'll likely need a 2-3 seasons to develop into the player we need now.

If funds are tight just get in 1-2 stop gap loans until next summer.

Name me a “stop gap” who also happens to be of the quality we need, that is available for a loan or two? This just in - you don’t need to spend £30m to get a good football player, please uncondition yourself to this.

Name me a “stop gap” who also happens to be of the quality we need, that is available for a loan or two? This just in - you don’t need to spend £30m to get a good football player, please uncondition yourself to this.

lol you haven't heard of this kid up until abar 5 minutes ago and you think he's going to come in and be our first choice starting RB?

No chance - we need a RB equivalent of Digne not an Nkounkou who may be ready in 2-3 years from now...

I do share the concern that a lad who has played fewer than 20 games for Rangers would be ready to come in straight away for us, though.

Again, it's the issue with the place we've left ourselves in. A signing like this is fine if the plan was to phase Coleman out slowly. But that should have happened two-three years ago so that they'd get the time when they needed to learn and drop in and out of the side.

Now we genuinely do need starting-level quality. Maybe he is that, I don't know, but it is a worry (and it's all the fault of the recruitment department).

Because anyone who's 18-21 is instantly hyped up in our fanbase and anyone 28-30 is instantly crap / on the decline.

None of us know who this lad is and chances are he would be absolutely bossing it for Rangers/Scotland if he was ready to be doing the business at a top 10 PL club as a starting RB.

Take the Zat glasses off and look at the reality of the situation and our dire need of an instant quality RB not a young kid who will need time to develop.

…not sure you know the set-up at Rangers, but Tavernier is not only the first team RB he’s club captain and a real hero up there. I was in the players lounge after an Old Firm game a few seasons ago and Tavernier is the main man, a top professional and totally respected. I doubt TAA would get a game ahead of him.

These are exactly the punts we should be taking. Ideal age, potential & timing to allow a transition from Coleman as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.