Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get people moaning over links to nothing players like Winks and Longstaff but its as you say lazy opinions on players like Rondon and Ings just because they dont play for hipster clubs like Dortmund or have £40 million price tags.

Rondon isn't great but he's reliable, knows the league, leads the line, comes off the bench and can make a nuisance of himself in the oppositions box which we have no one other than DCL who can do that.

What do people expect when we are skint Haaland buying out his contract to come play for us on a free transfer?

The harsh reality is we are in this situation because instead of signing a Rondon or Ings type for £15-20 million the club decided to go out and lash £73 milllion on Sandro, Tosun, Niasse & Kean.

Only ourselves to blame.
We're one million percent better off persisting with Kean than bringing in Rondon

Yes absolutely. His position is becoming more and more doubtful in my eyes. He is either presiding over this appalling recruitment, or he has no control over it. Either option does not bode well.
Hasn’t he just signed a new deal?

The bloke is just a bit of a joke really. DOF that’s overruled on managerial appointments by the board and player recruitment by the manager.

Absolute lame duck.

To be honest mate, it's undercover RAWK like content coming via your keyboard.

I've just accepted where we are as a club - we haven't qualified for europe in about 5 years, finished 10th and 12th the last 2 years and are skint in terms of FFP with a squad full of bang average shysters who throw every manager under the bus.

People would rather demand the manager be sacked before the season starts and every signing made be heckled and called a bum, mercenary etc. because they aint quality names than face up to the facts.

If you want top signings and realistic hopes of europe best avoid Everton for the next 12 months...

Could be worse lads. Could be signing Brett Angell....

End of the day, we have a squad with 3 x Euros finalists, One Euros winner, an Olympic gold winner, La Liga titles, Serie A titles, Bundesliga titles, Premier League titles, a world cup golden boot winner and Euros Golden Glove winner. Yet people talk like we have absolutely no quality and desperately need signings. We do have quality.

Let's let Rafael work out how to motivate them and get them playing as a team. Sometimes you need those players that help the dressing room gel. They may not be the best individuals, but help the spirit within the club. I definitely see Townsend as that type of person. It is also the reason why the likes of Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Shinji Okazaki and Marc Albrighton have Premier league winners medals. Team players.

Maybe Rondon is a good bloke to have around the dressing room. Who knows? My point is, it is up to Rafael to get a squad of players to gel and perform. That is what he is paid to do. He knew the constraints when he took the job no doubt, but hopefully we can sign a couple more for depth, but they have to be the right person first then player second the way our squad is. We can't accommodate any more prima Donna's.

I trust Rafael's judgement at present as I have no reason not to. I reserve the right to change that opinion as the season progresses.

Who is the Euros winner?

also Golden Glove is World Cup isn’t it?

edit to add I guess this is Gomes… stretching it a bit saying we have quality…

I’d rather not sell Holgate. I think there’s a player in there and it wasn’t that long ago that he was touted as a future Everton captain, our best defender, and should be playing for England. So the form is there, it’s just his ability to access it. I don’t think he’s helped by playing in a back three, alongside Keane or next to Coleman in all honesty. I just think if he had a run of games next to Godfrey with a decent right back next to him he’s actually a good footballer.

We’re in a position where we have to sell though and seeing as no one would ever give us money for the donkey that is Keane it seems Holgate is the natural option to sell in defence if Branthwaite is coming back.
The best game I’ve ever seen him have for us was when we hammered citeh 4-0, and I think he was at right back iirc

It seems we won’t be spending a bean until we offload one or more of our so called stars.

Terrible mis management across the board.

Can we go back to Bill dealing with the transfers please. Whilst he had his flaws, at least he signed some half decent ones with Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.