Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s Ancelotti’s plan, to lose his first choice centre back pairing to buy Richarlison, then I think he is going to get sacked before Christmas.

Ancelotti has no choice mate, as I mentioned above, Varane's contract is up next summer and he has told Madrid that he won't be renewing it so instead of him going for free they've decided to let him go now and make some cash.

….just the logic, we’ve brought in two wingers so I doubt we’ll bring in more if monies are tight. Indeed, we might have to go with Broahead and Kean although it wouldn’t take a huge leap for Simms to be more effective than both of those.
The problem is Eggs, I wouldn't want either of those wingers to be our first choice starter. If they've been brought in as squad players with a view to offloading some of the high earning squad players to free up wages for new signings, I can accept that. I'm also happier than I've been for a long time with our selection of keepers.

But our priority now before the end of the window has to be, 1) a right back and 2) a fast winger who favours the right but ideally can play both sides. If he can cover the central position too like Richy then that would give us great cover.

The problem is Eggs, I wouldn't want either of those wingers to be our first choice starter. If they've been brought in as squad players with a view to offloading some of the high earning squad players to free up wages for new signings, I can accept that. I'm also happier than I've been for a long time with our selection of keepers.

But our priority now before the end of the window has to be, 1) a right back and 2) a fast winger who favours the right but ideally can play both sides. If he can cover the central position too like Richy then that would give us great cover.
What if they were bought in as back up, replacing Bernard o the left and Iwobi on the right but have worldy pre-seasons? The fear could be that RB decides he does not need a new Right sided forward

Basically, if they both play well in pre-season, benitez might decide we don't need a Bailey type player. They will then revert to type and be decent but not the level we want.

What if they were bought in as back up, replacing Bernard o the left and Iwobi on the right but have worldy pre-seasons? The fear could be that RB decides he does not need a new Right sided forward

Basically, if they both play well in pre-season, benitez might decide we don't need a Bailey type player. They will then revert to type and be decent but not the level we want.
I've probably been over harsh on both new players since we signed them, but only because I want us to improve. If either player is a regular starter for us next season, we're either in trouble or he has greatly exceeded my expectations.

Some people on here going a bit overboard after the other nights Florida game, but I saw nothing to change my mind on them. Townsend in particular showed what he's about with his effort that rattled the bar, and he may be more effective off the bench than any if last season's squad players were.

Anyway, here's hoping we bring in the 2 players we need whilst keeping hold of our better players. Keeping Gbamin fit may also be pivotal to our season by the way.

I don't mind Richarlison going but I'm very much concerned about the glaring holes in the squad that our director of football continued to overlook. Finished 10th last season and we're not going to improve on that by signing players just released by bottom half of the table clubs and by sending out Coleman or Holgate at right back again. It's so obvious we need a top quality winger and right back. Surely there must be a taker for Moise Kean of out there somewhere. Genuinely can't believe how awful a job Brands has done. What was he even doing in Florida? He needs to be getting busy finding players, not posing on the training ground.

If we got decent proceeds for Richarlison, then they could be reinvested but I have zero trust in Brands to spend money. Better Richy stays if at all possible.

The only other scenario is Benitez would decide on how the money was spent but even then, better to keep one of the few decent players wr have.

He does need to reset himself a little here if he is staying though. It would be on Benitez to provide that impetus, and on his own attitude.

I've probably been over harsh on both new players since we signed them, but only because I want us to improve. If either player is a regular starter for us next season, we're either in trouble or he has greatly exceeded my expectations.

Some people on here going a bit overboard after the other nights Florida game, but I saw nothing to change my mind on them. Townsend in particular showed what he's about with his effort that rattled the bar, and he may be more effective off the bench than any if last season's squad players were.

Anyway, here's hoping we bring in the 2 players we need whilst keeping hold of our better players. Keeping Gbamin fit may also be pivotal to our season by the way.
I was very defensive of them when they came in as it looked like we were still after an RW of some sort, now I worry that if they play well we will not bother with the Bailey/anthony type player we all want to see.

I agree, people reacting to them after one half of a friendly is mad, every one plays well on their debut, it means nothing.

One thing is for sure, we benitez is looking to play with width and speed which HAS to be an improvement on last year.

I would’ve thought it wise to spend the money on a replacement centre back rather than Richarlison like.

Militao, Alaba, Nacho + 2 young Spanish lads in their squad and Vallejo unless hes loaned again...

While up front they have Benzema, Jovic (whose flopped) and Diaz (for sale)...

Militao, Alaba, Nacho + 2 young Spanish lads in their squad and Vallejo unless hes loaned again...

While up front they have Benzema, Jovic (whose flopped) and Diaz (for sale)...

Two world class centre backs have left, I don’t think Militao and Nacho are adequate replacements myself. I think they’ll be significantly weaker this coming season.

Two world class centre backs have left, I don’t think Militao and Nacho are adequate replacements myself. I think they’ll be significantly weaker this coming season.

I think Militao was their best CB in the 2nd half of the season + Nacho is experienced and stable....Alaba is the huge wage signing.

Two kids in the wings who got time in friendly games and Vallejo whose been on loan every season for ages.

Theyve got numbers at CB.

Up top only Benzema who is 34 in December and Jovic + Diaz behind him.

If Jovic doesnt step up they will be screwed without another forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.