Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just stop sniffing around formerly great players with horrible fitness records?! Moshiri is utterly obsessed with names. I know we can't attract current superstars but let's at least try to start recruiting future superstars rather than buying former ones.

Coutinho and Isco would be bad signings, not because they are rubbish, but because they won't play a full season, they will cost loads in fees and wages and they won't be the least bit arsed about being here.
It is just laziness mate, nothing happening here.

In what world do you think Kalvin Philips wants to leave his boyhood club for a team that finished below his newly promoted side and who plays for a manager who loves him and he loves playing for.

I would say this has a 0.00006% of happening.
So there's a chance then.

Edouard from Celtic, 1 year left on his deal and would be cheap backup. Smart business but we probably target some 29yr old fading star with dodgy knees on £140k p/w

He won’t be ‘cheap’ as Celtic owe about 35% of his fee to former clubs and are charging as high a price as possible

That’s why he didn’t go to Leicester.

He won’t be ‘cheap’ as Celtic owe about 35% of his fee to former clubs and are charging as high a price as possible

That’s why he didn’t go to Leicester.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move at the end of the window. He’ll probably be narked that one PL move has fallen through already and as the deadline approaches the reality of getting nowt for him will hit Celtic.

Let’s be honest his only major mistake has been Iwobi. Will make a profit on Kean. Got plenty to criticise him for myself (still big gaps in the squad after 3 years) but don’t think he has wasted that much money.

So Delph isn't a mistake?

Gomes who's not suited whatsoever to the Premier League?

Benard on 100k+ a week wages?

Lossl who couldn't get a game for us?

Kean who we can only seem to loan out at present?

Gbamin who's made of glass?

Even players he's signed who I like such as Doucoure for over £20 million+ wouldn't get in teams like Leicester or West Hams midfield at present when they are signing players like Soucek and Tielemans.

He had an alright first summer, absolutely dreadful 2nd and alright third - not one summer has he really smashed it out the park on some top players with pace and power.

Add in leaving us short consistently in certain areas of the squad.

They have been relegated twice in living memory. Most of their trophies were won during the 19th Century.
As opposed to the 20th.
My point was the unreal expectations of signing the current England midfield because we are a ‘big club’ doesn’t really wash anymore as much as we’d like it to.
The last time we did have the England midfield we smashed Poland 3-0 and then got Diegoed.

There will come a point when players won’t join them to sit in the bench. I bet if you asked Ake, he may rethink his decision if he had the chance.

While it’s great to join the best team and get loads of money. Ultimately it’s surely about playing.
i'd much rather get paid 30k a week to get booed at goodison each week then 100k to chill on city's bench

Status
Not open for further replies.