Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre onto something. I remember when i was in LGS for a moody Koeman era europa league game. There was a loudmouth try hard southerner who kept calling him DLC who wouldn't pipe down. How hard is it to read his name.
Maybe he was just a huge Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes fan?

That will never work in the PL if that is the only consideration
We would get outfought ,outmuscled and outrun every week
We need Pace Power and Technique in most if not all positions
Do people really look at City and think the difference is pace and power? I mean they aren't all slow but aside from Walker, Cancelo and Raheem, who doesn't even really use his pace that well imo, they don't really have it.

More than one way to do things. Some footballers are good because of their physical traits but some aren't and it doesn't matter which we go for so long as we have a team of good footballer and not a smattering.

Do people really look at City and think the difference is pace and power? I mean they aren't all slow but aside from Walker, Cancelo and Raheem, who doesn't even really use his pace that well imo, they don't really have it.

More than one way to do things. Some footballers are good because of their physical traits but some aren't and it doesn't matter which we go for so long as we have a team of good footballer and not a smattering.
I agree small footballers are good but you cant have 10 of them outfield ,hell you cant even have 6 of them in front of the defence
You need a certain element of Pace, Power and Physicality or else you will never see the ball

I agree small footballers are good but you cant have 10 of them outfield ,hell you cant even have 6 of them in front of the defence
You need a certain element of Pace, Power and Physicality or else you will never see the ball
There are definitely counters to this

He’s not a “wonder kid”. He’s a very naughty boy.
Binned by Chelsea, rescued by us. Some excellent performances at U18 and done well at U23 when given an opportunity. Has been offered a pro contract by us but turned it down. I dare say his agent is involved somewhere and we’ve seen it before with the likes of John Bostock.
If he doesn’t want a contract bin him off quickly. Hope he ends up on loan at Port Vale.

Why do you think he doesn't want to sign mate? Is it the wages, or having a route to the first team? You've got 1 or 2 younger full backs ahead of him?

That will never work in the PL if that is the only consideration
We would get outfought ,outmuscled and outrun every week
We need Pace Power and Technique in most if not all positions

I did a crude analysis after the derby of % aeriel duels won as a percentile to their position in the league. Basically tmhey had 1 player in the top half (2 when Philipps came on), while our lowest was percntile 40 ish. We then brought on Iwobi, Sigurdsson & Calvert Lewin who are all 6 ft+. They brought on Shaqiri. They were completely out muscled.

I watched the 18's last night, and Onyango really came into his own in the last 30 minutes of normal time, he was just bigger and stronger than opponents.

Even our great great teams, had Van Den Hauwe at fullback, Grey and Sharp through the middle, Mountfield who was very good in the air at centre back. Unless you are a world class team, as City are, it has to be a big factor. Having height, and delivery will get you over the line in tight games that could go either way.

He’s not a “wonder kid”. He’s a very naughty boy.
Binned by Chelsea, rescued by us. Some excellent performances at U18 and done well at U23 when given an opportunity. Has been offered a pro contract by us but turned it down. I dare say his agent is involved somewhere and we’ve seen it before with the likes of John Bostock.
If he doesn’t want a contract bin him off quickly. Hope he ends up on loan at Port Vale.

Very frustrating. Id say if hes not a fixture in the u23s by 18 then he may not be as good as he thinks he is?

Is that before or after we sell Keane

You mock but im certain there will be one CB incoming and/or at least one outgoing.

Hes ths one we can make the most on.

Why do you think he doesn't want to sign mate? Is it the wages, or having a route to the first team? You've got 1 or 2 younger full backs ahead of him?

i asked @Alan Whittle about another RB thsy have...another youngster who seems very highly rated and getting games for them. Forgot his name now though :)

I did a crude analysis after the derby of % aeriel duels won as a percentile to their position in the league. Basically tmhey had 1 player in the top half (2 when Philipps came on), while our lowest was percntile 40 ish. We then brought on Iwobi, Sigurdsson & Calvert Lewin who are all 6 ft+. They brought on Shaqiri. They were completely out muscled.

I watched the 18's last night, and Onyango really came into his own in the last 30 minutes of normal time, he was just bigger and stronger than opponents.

Even our great great teams, had Van Den Hauwe at fullback, Grey and Sharp through the middle, Mountfield who was very good in the air at centre back. Unless you are a world class team, as City are, it has to be a big factor. Having height, and delivery will get you over the line in tight games that could go either way.

I think thats what @TheBigIguana didnt pick up from your post...City have unlimited funds. We need an 'edge' and that may be to have the quickest and strongest athletes.

Ivory coast have Kessie, Gbamin and Sangare as options...as a midfielder i wonder how you'd get on against 3 huge athletes like that?

Onyango is obviously someone we have coming through. Ive mentioned Kessie in the past and @BlueToff put his name forward the other day...

Obviously Vieira was top class but someone with that profile would really take us up a notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.