Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well yes, that's fine, but as we've seen with Spurs, it's still a tricky balance.

If we bring in an out and out 9, we still need a wide player.

If we bring in a quality wide player who has a good goal record, and we're able to invest a bit more into that position, then it covers us because it frees up Richarlison - for example - to cover Dom. And that's where King comes in, because keeping him gives us an extra option too.
Then we should be looking at investing a bit more (like you say) into someone such as Neto. He is PL ready, has played and scored in Europe, can play out wide or upfront and is of a good age that will only benefit the club.

Then we should be looking at investing a bit more (like you say) into someone such as Neto. He is PL ready, has played and scored in Europe, can play out wide or upfront and is of a good age that will only benefit the club.

Yes. I'm not sure on Neto - he's a fantastic player, so yes that type of player, but think there's a better player we can get for cheaper, with equally as a high ceiling.

Bailey for me is the one, but sure there's others. Obviously, I wouldn't be complaining if we signed Neto, but the PL premium you're paying is what has crippled us in the past. It's worth it in some cases, definitely (strikers especially), but I think with more creative players then you can have a bit more freedom.

I'd love us to have gone and got Zaha but know that ship has sailed, but someone with pace and power about them. Look at Raphinha. A £17m deal. It's definitely doable for us. Him and Neto would now be costing £50m etc.

Linked with Rabiot again along with city (wonder who he’d choose?) . Quality midfielder and a serious upgrade on our midfield. Aarons for RB, him in midfield and a pacy wide forward that can play across the frontline and I’d be delighted with our business.

Ha ha, bloody river (Camaginga)

thought both those lads looked good, but a player like Camavinga is exactly what I want, our own Bruno if you will. Look at what his presence has done for Utd. He looked electric, quick feet, collecting the ball and running at players, yes please

Was it Granvenberch that brands talked about in Jan? Thought he dismissed it, but if we land top 4 surely were extremely attractive to players? And if you’re a midfielder and you’ve seen us play, you know you’ll be starting

A couple of u21 players with world class potential and they could be the difference between us having the odd top 4 place and being a regular in the champions league for many years.

With Ancelotti, we need the top players as well and if we cant sign the best then we need to train players to become the best.

Gravenberch and Camavinga are going to be very hard to bring in as fhey will expect the super clubs to sign them. However, if we can convince them to join then we'll have a really strong pairing for the long term -- Gravenberch is the one Brands name checked.

Brands called Gravenberch the biggest talent in The Netherlands. He would be massive at Everton but to be fair: he is a longshot. I don't thibk he will leave Ajax this summer. He will probably stay for another year and then leave in the summer of 2022 for one of the big guns in Europe and his transerfee will be huge!

As I said before, I also doubt Anthony is a possibility. It is his first year at Ajax and was a big signing. Probably won't leave before the summer of 2022 as well and again for a huge fee. Ajax always manages to get huge sums for their players.

Ihattaren is the interesting option in The Netherlands at the moment. Also a very big talent, he is a right winger or attacking central midfielder (playmaker). Last week he had a huge fallout with his manager at PSV and he wasn't in the squad for the match against Ajax. Also his contract runs out in the summer of 2022. Everything about his situation screams he will leave PSV this summer.

Another interesting option at PSV is Donyel Malen. A pacey striker/winger he is a very good addition to our squad.

I have no idea what the exact status is of Martin Odegaard at Real Madrid (currently on loan at Arsenal ofc) but he might be a nice option as well. Very creative, loads of ability and still young.

Ihattaren, Gravenberch and Antony -- what kind of fees do you think for each?

A couple of u21 players with world class potential and they could be the difference between us having the odd top 4 place and being a regular in the champions league for many years.

With Ancelotti, we need the top players as well and if we cant sign the best then we need to train players to become the best.

Gravenberch and Camavinga are going to be very hard to bring in as fhey will expect the super clubs to sign them. However, if we can convince them to join then we'll have a really strong pairing for the long term -- Gravenberch is the one Brands name checked.

Ihattaren, Gravenberch and Antony -- what kind of fees do you think for each?
I think both Gravenberch and Anthony will have fees well over 50 mil. Frenkie de Jong and Matthjjs de Ligt were both sold for fees somewhere around 75 and Ajax got around 35 for Ziyech and Van de Beek. They even rejected an offer of 40 mil for Neres a couple of years ago. This is all pre-pandemic ofcourse but Ajax even now is a very wealthy club and in no rush to sell their topplayers.

Ihattaren will cost a lot less I think. PSV most likely will be happy to get a decent amount of money for him while they still can. His future at PSV seems to be over. There probably will be lots of clubs interested in him though. Somewhere around 15-20 mil I guess??

I think both Gravenberch and Anthony will have fees well over 50 mil. Frenkie de Jong and Matthjjs de Ligt were both sold for fees somewhere around 75 and Ajax got around 35 for Ziyech and Van de Beek. They even rejected an offer of 40 mil for Neres a couple of years ago. This is all pre-pandemic ofcourse but Ajax even now is a very wealthy club and in no rush to sell their topplayers.

Ihattaren will cost a lot less I think. PSV most likely will be happy to get a decent amount of money for him while they still can. His future at PSV seems to be over. There probably will be lots of clubs interested in him though. Somewhere around 15-20 mil I guess??

De Jong and De Ligt were playing in europe a while before they moved and were well known players.

Antony and Gravenberch havent been capped yet...

You may be right but id have said £30-35mil for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.