Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that everyone is right on to this already :hayee: for me it’s:

RB > GK > RW > DM > AM > ST

A lot depends on outs. Need a quality RB no matter what. I’d rather sell Pickford and keep Olsen as backup for our new GK, but either way it should be a starting caliber player. RW would ideally be a fast young player who can give us a whole different dimension when James plays central. Unless Gbamin somehow comes good we clearly need a defensive mid for when Allan is hurt and even then, we should have someone when we want to go with James on the wing and have Allan and Douc push up. Attacking mid will depend on what we do with Gylfi, but in my mind we sell him and bring in a more dynamic player to play in that spot. Should be an improvement on Gylfi and Gomes. Striker we obviously need a good backup, depending on what happens with King.

Max Aarons
A keeper with arms longer than a T Rex
Striker
RW

Depends what we ship out and whether we have europe to contend with as to how many others we need.

I know it isn't in the cards, but Bernard would do so well at MLS I think. Him on the left alongside Ariola in DC would be a nice combo.

Tim no no no no no.. ignoring you till June, not having this thread popping up everyday till summer.. Good day to you sir.

Lots of scope in this window to make an impact because Pennington, Bolasie, Besic and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th. Hopefully we can sell Tosun, Delph, Bernard and Kenny as well.

We have an experienced spine of Mina, Keane, Digne, Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez so should concentrate on picking up younger, pacy players.

Hopefully we will targeting:

a starting GK
a starting RB
a starting DM
a first XI standard CM
a starting RW
a first XI standard CF or LW

Lots of scope in this window to make an impact because Pennington, Bolasie, Besic and Walcott are all out of contract on June 30th. Hopefully we can sell Tosun, Delph, Bernard and Kenny as well.

We have an experienced spine of Mina, Keane, Digne, Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez so should concentrate on picking up younger, pacy players.

Hopefully we will targeting:

a starting GK
a starting RB
a starting DM
a first XI standard CM
a starting RW
a first XI standard CF or LW
Can’t disagree, but it’s mad we need so much.

Can’t disagree, but it’s mad we need so much.
It is and it isn't. For the money we paid, Pickford should be world class. Coleman's demise has come a season quicker than expected. We shouldn't be in the position we currently are with regard to GK and RB, but on the flip side they should be relatively easy upgrades to make.

Other than that MAYBE Gbamin is the starting DM, and Iwobi improves enough to nail down the RW spot (then again, maybe not!).

The CM in that list needs to be a pacy younger player who can dribble effectively and move the ball up the pitch. Rotational duties with Doucoure and Allan to start with, but with the potential to take one of their spots in the starting lineup in 18 months. The CF/LW needs to be similar - a youngster who provides a bit of competition for either Richarlison or DCL (or both).

Brands has done relatively well to get so much dross removed from the playing staff in the timeframe he has, and sending several of them out on loan from September 2020 / January 2021 has also save the club several million in wages. It's just a shame we haven't banked any substantial transfer fees in a while. Nevertheless, at least we should have some space on the payroll now.

Id say we need 2 centre mids and the other 4 positions = 6 players.
Nar man, 2 is greedy.

We have Doucs and Allan, who are first pick without question, we get somebody in to play with them, that leaves us Davies, Gomes and Gmblammo, injury permitting as back up. Punt Delph and Iceland if possible, then we have 6 for 3 spots, 2 if Carlo wants to go 442.

Yes, I know, you would also get rid of Davies and Gomes and if so, then they would need replacing.

First time in a while that the squad doesn't need mass overhaul with most of the deadwood gone by Summer. Adding 3 or 4 quality players makes a massive difference to this squad. Keeper, right back and a winger is a must and 1 or 2 others really take this squad into European quality. Get the likes out Tosun, Kenny and Delph out permanently and others if possible and we'll not only be in a good position going into next season it'll also mean the club isn't completely crippled by players that the previous 3 failures of managers brought in.

Sell: Pickford, Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Bernard, Coleman, Davies, Kean(?), Baningime, Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.