Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe your comparing Ashley Williams with Koulibaly.

woud you say VVD is done at Liverpool. After a cruciate abs the same age
I’m saying players performance drops after 30. He is clearly a great player, but spending very big on a player of that age is a risk. Williams performances dropped off alarmingly. You might get four years, or you might get two.
We already have a few older players in our ranks that get injured frequently.

I’m saying players performance drops after 30. He is clearly a great player, but spending very big on a player of that age is a risk. Williams performances dropped off alarmingly. You might get four years, or you might get two.
We already have a few older players in our ranks that get injured frequently.
It depends on the position, if you’re a fast attacking players, who’s suffered injuries IE Bale,
Then you won’t be the same player.

A fit CB is different. We signed distain at 32. Gough & Watson played into their late 30’s

Johnny Evans is 33. Thiago silva 36. Ramos 35.
If and it’s a big if. He signed after 4 season he would be still only 33.

Rumours are Juventus are offering Demiral and Rabiot for Kean. Apparently Demiral has been telling friends that he is on his way to Everton. Possibly just paper talk but that would be a good deal for us if that is the case.......

Pickford

Coleman Demiral Godfrey Digne

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Rodriguez DCL Richarlison​
That is the basis for strong side IMO...

If we are to get back on top 4 or win a cup we need a top class keeper centre back goalscoring midfielder and a top class striker. The team doesn't have them as why we won't get top 4 or win a cup.

Rumours are Juventus are offering Demiral and Rabiot for Kean. Apparently Demiral has been telling friends that he is on his way to Everton. Possibly just paper talk but that would be a good deal for us if that is the case.......

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

Did Demiral not have a bad injury recently?

Other than that, it would be a very good deal for us.

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

We dont need more injury prone players.

DeTelegraaf reporting that PSV are done with Ihattaren and want rid in the Summer after a falling out with the manager.
Would be an ideal backup for Rodriguez

Hope last night exploded the myth we don’t need new cb’s, that’s our season cooked now, and it was two defensive howlers.

I'd say it was harsh to go in on them both in that way after what was 1 nightmare game for both of them. Keane especially has been 1 of our best most reliable and consistent players for the last 18 months after a really shaky start. It's not been an uncommon sight to see him clean those lines numerous times per game and not give the opposition a sniff of a chance like that. But it happened and it happens to everyone. Even if we replaced him with Koulibaly, it will probably happen again at some point. That's just football.

That said, if we are looking to upgrade, even temporarily, and bring in a big name and a leader in the mould of Koulibaly, then for me, Keane is the 1 I would sell. And I'd like to point out, this is not just a knee Jerk to last night's game.

Here's why.

The massively improved form for the last 18 months proves he can be a reliable, consistent performer, an England International, and still 28, approaching peak years for a central defender, I think his value will now be the highest it will ever be, and while he has been good, he is not going to improve or more importantly, improve us as a team. We are where we are now with him in the role.

Holgate on the other hand, I don't believe we would get a fraction of the price for him, despite being much younger, and he has space and time to develop, as well as being versatile.

Mina for me, Is similar to Keane in many ways, but is slightly younger and has other upsides. His personality, his profile, he is younger and has been equally as dominant at times, despite the somewhat unfair reputation he has for being clumsy. As I said earlier, it's part of the game and it can and does happen to everyone. I also believe that Mina is something of a leader himself, but also someone who would benefit from an upgrade alongside him too. He also seems more adaptable than Keane, less 1 dimensional, and has performed well with every partner he has had. And despite all of this, I actually think his peak value would be less than that of Keane's.

Godfrey is out of the question.

So for me, Keane, being the oldest, most valuable, least adaptable, quietest, lowest profile, arguably slowest, while also arguably our most consistent performer for the past 18 months, and with the English premium, would be the player I would be looking to sell/upgrade.

Pickford

Rabiot Allan Doucoure

As much as I like coleman, we need someone else starting in his position now. Max Aarons seems to be the one we want, hopefully we can make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.