Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begovic -- couple of years experienced back up.

Townsend -- one year experienced backup.

These two make sense and ive no idea why posters are complaining about cheap experienced average level backup?

Gray -- Wonderkid who has flopped at Leicester and now flopped at Leverkusen. Rumoured to have a bad attitude.

This one doesnt make any sense at all...significant downgrade and a headless chicken.

These two make sense and ive no idea why posters are complaining about cheap experienced average level backup?

Gray -- Wonderkid who has flopped at Leicester and now flopped at Leverkusen. Rumoured to have a bad attitude.

This one doesnt make any sense at all...significant downgrade and a headless chicken.
Agree but understand the other side hopefully we can get other deals with better quality atleast three for me similar player to rich for the right side, rb and another cm we still need starting quality for this team.still hope we can get more out aswell. With gray i think it is a decent fee and we could move him on if it doesnt work out here, hopefully has matured now and sees this move as a way to get him back on track

If you’re committed to being nice and acknowledging I’m the most successful ITK in this thread then I have the names of the next three players Everton will sign in the next 10 days. I need that guarantee of commitment first though.
I know I've been critical of you in the past but I am hoping we can put this behind us as you represent a forgotten time on here.

Agree but understand the other side hopefully we can get other deals with better quality atleast three for me similar player to rich for the right side, rb and another cm we still need starting quality for this team.still hope we can get more out aswell. With gray i think it is a decent fee and we could move him on if it doesnt work out here, hopefully has matured now and sees this move as a way to get him back on track

I think Gray seems to be Richarlison backup...Townsend hopefully backup to a new right winger.

If thats the case and Iwobi / Bernard /Sigurdsson go out for £30mil and we bring in Antony or similar from Ajax then it makes sense for Townsend.

Gray though is dreadful, rather have Gordon as 4th choice wide player.

I think Gray seems to be Richarlison backup...Townsend hopefully backup to a new right winger.

If thats the case and Iwobi / Bernard /Sigurdsson go out for £30mil and we bring in Antony or similar from Ajax then it makes sense for Townsend.

Gray though is dreadful, rather have Gordon as 4th choice wide player.
Yeah really hope we can bring another in like that antony, be good if we get gordon a loan so can get more starts. Only positive is that atleast the deals look smart instead of being stuck on long contrwcts

Yeah really hope we can bring another in like that antony, be good if we get gordon a loan so can get more starts. Only positive is that atleast the deals look smart instead of being stuck on long contrwcts

If Antony comes in and we have him and Richarlison out wide then its a huge improvement to the first 11.

If we need to shift Bernard and Iwobi then replace with Townsend to make it happen it makes sense.

In another year we sign someone to replace Townsend...

Gray on 2 years makes zero sense though.

Because this does not progress the club. It's a waste of time. Complete stagnation.

yeah still hope the club can pull it off for us atleast. But does feel that we put everything in on selling kean which has messed the window up for us

Because this does not progress the club. It's a waste of time. Complete stagnation.

No. Having a backup keeper and backup winger on £50k each isnt 'stagnation'. Olsen has gone and Begovic is at least better. If the club sells Bernard and Iwobi and replaces with Townsend and a starter it makes sense.

I dont think youve seen Townsend play regularly because hes an average premier league player. Puts the effort in every week and looks to play forward -- average isnt bad for backup and a step up for one season when we can upgrade.

Better than Iwobi/Bernard on the right who arent even average...so an improvement.

Gray i dont believe youve ever seen him play (or at least not for 5+ seasons). Hes a headless chicken...quick, some tricks and then nothingness. That was fine when he was around 20 trying to break into a first 11, its not fine at 25 when he has no end product.

On a two year deal...total pure insanity to sign him...who does it benefit? None of his team mates thats for sure.

Richarlison / Gordon
New player / Townsend

That should be the four we go with...if Gordon isnt seen as starting ahead of Gray then we need to sell Gordon and bring in someone else or an u23.

Because Gray really is that bad.

Id even tempt Small with that spot to keep him...hes a left back but i doubt even a soon to be 17 year old promising player can be worse than Gray.

yeah still hope the club can pull it off for us atleast. But does feel that we put everything in on selling kean which has messed the window up for us

Players like Begovic and Townsend will want their futures sorted so it makes sense to go for them now.

Begovic for Olsen and Townsend for Bernard.

Once those two deals were done we should have been focused on selling 8 players and going for starters.

My guess is Bernard out and then Keane or Mina to be sold next and Lenglet in on loan.

Once some funds are in from the above i reckon we bring in Dumfries.

No. Having a backup keeper and backup winger on £50k each isnt 'stagnation'. Olsen has gone and Begovic is at least better. If the club sells Bernard and Iwobi and replaces with Townsend and a starter it makes sense.

I dont think youve seen Townsend play regularly because hes an average premier league player. Puts the effort in every week and looks to play forward -- average isnt bad for backup and a step up for one season when we can upgrade.

Better than Iwobi/Bernard on the right who arent even average...so an improvement.

Gray i dont believe youve ever seen him play (or at least not for 5+ seasons). Hes a headless chicken...quick, some tricks and then nothingness. That was fine when he was around 20 trying to break into a first 11, its not fine at 25 when he has no end product.

On a two year deal...total pure insanity to sign him...who does it benefit? None of his team mates thats for sure.

Richarlison / Gordon
New player / Townsend

That should be the four we go with...if Gordon isnt seen as starting ahead of Gray then we need to sell Gordon and bring in someone else or an u23.

Id even tempt Small with that spot to keep him...hes a left back but i doubt even a soon to be 17 year old promising player can be worse than Gray.

Players like Begovic and Townsend will want their futures sorted so it makes sense to go for them now.

Once those two deals were done we should have been focused on selling 8 players and going for starters.

My guess is Bernard out and then Keane or Mina to be sold next and Lenglet in on loan.

It's hilarious that you're suggesting that the reason I don't rate Andros Townsend and his career long record of crapness is because I've not seen him play like somehow in the years of watching the PL which he's always been in I've somehow missed him.

It's hilarious that you're suggesting that the reason I don't rate Andros Townsend and his career long record of crapness is because I've not seen him play like somehow in the years of watching the PL which he's always been in I've somehow missed him.

Well yes...

1: You think an average player (Townsend) is worse than 2 useless players (Iwobi/Bernard) on the right.

2: You seem to rate Demarai Gray higher than Townsend.

3: If you ask Palace fans they will tell you Townsend is an average premier league player.

If you ask Leicester fans they will tell you Gray is a headless chicken with a bad attitude.

So clearly youre in the minority compared with regular watchers of both players. Hence why i dont think youve seen them play (much).

Richarlison / Gordon
New player / Townsend

Gordon struggled to get a game for Preston.

Grey has played 167 times in the premier league and 12 times in the Bundesliga - at a European quality side (was only not in the squad for three games during his six months).

For £2mil and low wages, I think he is good business, at a good age profile, provided that we sign a starting winger as well.

Based on 4-2-3-1 this would be ideal (Starter/Backup):

ST: Calvert Lewin/Kean
LW: Richarlison/Grey
RW: Starter/Townsend
AM: James/Siggurdsson or Iwobi
CM: Doucoure&Allan/Gbamin, Davies and ?
LB: Digne/Nkounkou
CB: Godfrey/Holgate
CB: Mina/Keane
RB: Dumfries/Coleman
GK: Pickford/Begovic

It's clear that securing Dumfries and a starting quality RW are key.

That gives us adequate cover and the ability to bin Delph, Iwobi, Bernard, Tosun, Kenny. Potentially gives Gordon another chance to go on loan as well.

It also sets us up to bring in another quality CB and ship one of Holgate or Keane - if possible.

It also sets us up to bring in another quality CM and have competition for the starting places among Doucoure, Allan and JPG - if possible.

If Kean leaves, we sign another striker as cover.

Gordon struggled to get a game for Preston.

Grey has played 167 times in the premier league and 12 times in the Bundesliga - at a European quality side (was only not in the squad for three games during his six months).

For £2mil and low wages, I think he is good business, at a good age profile, provided that we sign a starting winger as well.

Based on 4-2-3-1 this would be ideal (Starter/Backup):

ST: Calvert Lewin/Kean
LW: Richarlison/Grey
RW: Starter/Townsend
AM: James/Siggurdsson or Iwobi
CM: Doucoure&Allan/Gbamin, Davies and ?
LB: Digne/Nkounkou
CB: Godfrey/Holgate
CB: Mina/Keane
RB: Dumfries/Coleman
GK: Pickford/Begovic

It's clear that securing Dumfries and a starting quality RW are key.

That gives us adequate cover and the ability to bin Delph, Iwobi, Bernard, Tosun, Kenny. Potentially gives Gordon another chance to go on loan as well.

It also sets us up to bring in another quality CB and ship one of Holgate or Keane - if possible.

It also sets us up to bring in another quality CM and have competition for the starting places among Doucoure, Allan and JPG - if possible.

If Kean leaves, we sign another striker as cover.

Thats correct, he was signed by Leverkusen for peanuts who are now prepared to sell for £1.5mil.

Why could that be? Why didnt anyone else want him in Jan or even now at these cheap prices?

I think we'll see Bernard out next and Lenglet in on loan -- then we'll be trying for sales...perhaps as many as 8 outs.

If we spend money on Dumfries at £14mil then thats another bizarre signing.

GK: Pickford / Begovic / Virginia

RB: Dumfries / Coleman

LB: Digne / Nkounkou

CB: Godfrey / Keane

CB: Mina / Holgate / Branthwaite

CM: Allan / Gbamin

CM: Doucoure / Davies

AM: James / Sigurdsson

LW: Richarlison / Gray

RW: New Signing / Townsend

ST: Calvert-Lewin / Kean / Simms

Sell: