Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm generally quite a half full guy, but I would be amazed if we got 40m for them. I mean Tosun is still suffering a major injury. If we got them off the wage bill, with some cash on top, that would be a big plus.
Nobody will be buying players who are on high wages. Clubs need to rebuild their balance sheets, so they won't be signing players on high wages unless they're going to be the club's best player. We can only hope there are some rich clubs in the Middle East or MLS clubs looking for a statement signing.

I'm generally quite a half full guy, but I would be amazed if we got 40m for them. I mean Tosun is still suffering a major injury. If we got them off the wage bill, with some cash on top, that would be a big plus.
Yeah, can count on one hand the amount of clubs around Europe with money. Both on big wages as well which would make it even more difficult. I reckon 20-25M for them both maximum

Nobody will be buying players who are on high wages. Clubs need to rebuild their balance sheets, so they won't be signing players on high wages unless they're going to be the club's best player. We can only hope there are some rich clubs in the Middle East or MLS clubs looking for a statement signing.

Yes I agree entirely with you mate.

Look at pretty much every PL club and it's the same discussion being had. "We really need to move 5 or 6 on". The number of buyers for those players, particularly at the wages they are on is really minimal. Look at Arsenal with Willian, or Liverpool with say Origi/Shaqiri, we have got 5 or 6 as well, and nobody is looking at these lads and wanting to pay them over 100k p/w.

Yes I agree entirely with you mate.

Look at pretty much every PL club and it's the same discussion being had. "We really need to move 5 or 6 on". The number of buyers for those players, particularly at the wages they are on is really minimal. Look at Arsenal with Willian, or Liverpool with say Origi/Shaqiri, we have got 5 or 6 as well, and nobody is looking at these lads and wanting to pay them over 100k p/w.

it's all about the price. We will have to subsidise a la Theo all of our turkeys, that's all.

A lot of news outlets regurgitating a story from the Telegraph stating that we are prepared to sell 6 players this summer; Gomes, Delph, Bernard, Tosun, Rodriguez and Mina. I'm not sure on the Telegraph and their source for this. I would say that selling Gomes, Delph, Bernard and Tosun would come as a surprise to no one. Gomes has not been in the first 11 really since his bad injury a few seasons ago, really he has been a bench player, except for when we have had injuries. Delph has hardly played since he arrived and been "injured" for most of the time. Bernard nearly left in January, Tosun has spent as much time injured and on loan as he has at the club and available.

With Mina, he was linked with a move away last season, after the January window closed there was a story that he wanted to go back to Spain or go to Italy in the summer. The question will be does anyone want him for what we would accept as a transfer, what would we want? £25m? we would probably need to spend £35m on Koulibaly to replace him, or £50m on Ben White, or £35m on Lenglet.

With James he has been linked with AC Milan and possibly some sort of swap deal with Leao, but that seems dead now as it was reported that Leao wants to stay in Milan and Milan seem to be in for Vlasic. If you look at James goals and goal contributions he will be hard to replace in the side.

I think most of us were hoping for some sort of summer clear out and I for one would be fine with Gomes, Delph, Bernard and Tosun going (though I think becasue of Tosuns injury it will be a loan at the end of the window). I think for the other two we would need decent offers for both of them and very good replacements.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...among-six-big-earners-that-can-leave-everton/

Would we leak a list of players for sale? Wouldn’t that reduce the price and lower their motivation? Seems a poor tactic
We have had no bids for them so far.
We either get desperate in our attempts to make something.. anytihng off them, or they are stuck on our wage bill for another year.

there is a story in Bellamy's autobio where Benitez sits down with him on the plane flying back from the CL final, to say 'off you pop'. So he wastes no time. It looks from this article as though he has already told at least half a dozen players to get lost. This is exactly what we need.

A lot of news outlets regurgitating a story from the Telegraph stating that we are prepared to sell 6 players this summer; Gomes, Delph, Bernard, Tosun, Rodriguez and Mina. I'm not sure on the Telegraph and their source for this. I would say that selling Gomes, Delph, Bernard and Tosun would come as a surprise to no one. Gomes has not been in the first 11 really since his bad injury a few seasons ago, really he has been a bench player, except for when we have had injuries. Delph has hardly played since he arrived and been "injured" for most of the time. Bernard nearly left in January, Tosun has spent as much time injured and on loan as he has at the club and available.

With Mina, he was linked with a move away last season, after the January window closed there was a story that he wanted to go back to Spain or go to Italy in the summer. The question will be does anyone want him for what we would accept as a transfer, what would we want? £25m? we would probably need to spend £35m on Koulibaly to replace him, or £50m on Ben White, or £35m on Lenglet.

With James he has been linked with AC Milan and possibly some sort of swap deal with Leao, but that seems dead now as it was reported that Leao wants to stay in Milan and Milan seem to be in for Vlasic. If you look at James goals and goal contributions he will be hard to replace in the side.

I think most of us were hoping for some sort of summer clear out and I for one would be fine with Gomes, Delph, Bernard and Tosun going (though I think becasue of Tosuns injury it will be a loan at the end of the window). I think for the other two we would need decent offers for both of them and very good replacements.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...among-six-big-earners-that-can-leave-everton/
Barcelona could be bent over backwards for Lenglet. 20M would see them make an accounting profit on him

Status
Not open for further replies.