Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t disagree at all, but re highlighted/bold bit - the problem at Everton is we’ve all been saying exactly that for the last 5-6 transfer windows, and it just never seems to happen! Probably down to various managers continuously bringing in more absolute dross each time they change the name on the door!
That’s exactly what it is mate. Zero stability with the club changing managers so often. Managers always want to bring some of their own in, do it then leave before a new team has been complete. End up with just completely random players and in our case missing players in important positions. Would have thought brands being here would mean we’ve improved in positions we was desperate for but we’re not better off than before we even created the sporting director role.

Mina + Keane out and White in

= Godfrey / White
+ Holgate / Branthwaite

Seems alot better to me than what we have now.

Also i disagree massively about "we need 4 positions filled first"...

The two positions we should be focused on getting sorted are CB and RB. We'll never progress without the ability for the defence to push up the pitch.

We'd need a world class winger who could beat 3 men and score (Kanchelskis) if were always sat deep every match.

Im hoping this isnt just a rumour :eek:
Looks very lightweight to me. Minimal experience and we'd down to the bare bones with any injury. Branthwaite would be better served playing first team football in the championship to aid his development

That's exactly what Martial does, especially when he's not played in his favoured central position. I've already admitted that his figures look reasonable but there's a large section of United fans who want him gone for his inconsistency and lack of effort when United are up against it. Just imagine how he'd fair with us.
We aren't utd. They finished 2nd. We scraped 10th. I would love us to go and sign haaland, but we won't for the foreseeable future. He is a good level for where we are at the moment and is a step in the right direction.

We aren't utd. They finished 2nd. We scraped 10th. I would love us to go and sign haaland, but we won't for the foreseeable future. He is a good level for where we are at the moment and is a step in the right direction.
I reckon he wouldn't improve us enough for the fee and wages it would cost especially if it means selling our already performing striker

£60mil for a CF who scored 16 league goals in 33 games? England international and only 24 ?

If were trying to build a side we need to keep our best players and id say we need to keep the 3 England guys in the spine, Pickford, Godfrey and DCL.

We were sat incredibly deep last season and our metrics were shocking yet he hit 16...he should improve as we improve.

101% aside from the last sentence, i think its critical.

Thats the exciting part really...them both forging a long term partnership for Everton and England. On paper a great fit and worth paying a premium for.

I actually think our defence is shocking. The reason we picked up points in many games was through playing a very deep defence and midfield and scraping out a goal.

As weve seen, that impacts the team getting forward, you cant push up or else the defence is exposed...meaning the forwards suffer.

Mina has 2 years on his deal and picks up injuries while Keane is an oaf.

If were looking to build something consistently around top 4 for the long term then neither of them are going to be a 30+ league game starter for us.

If Benitez sits deep as much as last season then we'll be miles off the pace again...to beat the lower teams you need to play further up the pitch...we failed at that last season.

Thing is with £80mil who do you go for?

Theres Vlahovic and one or two others who may step up but with all the talk of Moshiri wanting to be at the top i think its a massive drop off.

Jesus Christ. I think someone needs to send that to Brands so he gets DCL an extension.

I think 60m is probably a starting point of where some consideration would have to be given. I think he's a similar age to Lukaku when he went, so it's a useful barometer. The market may be a bit slower than that one. A lot depends on what the club want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.