Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would predict 14th to 12th with this squad due to lack of goal threat. If DCL fires and stays fit we could make top half. The key this season is survival and building for the future, most of these players are also good for the future and there is now a strong spine of a young team to build on next summer when we will have lost all of the dead weight and be in a better position financially. It suggests a long term strategy from Thelwell and I am hopeful if not excited. It’s going to be a tough and under whelming season but there is maybe light at the end of the tunnel.

And with that, hope is rekindled.

Finch farm as we speak...

1662067841198.png

OK. We now go Moyes style. Don't get overrun in midfield anymore, tighter defence, and hope for some miracle from upfront. Going to be a long season.

No confidence in Dom staying fit - please prove me wrong.

Maupay? Here's hoping.
If we stay up and Frank isn’t sacked, this squad is in much better shape than prior seasons. We can add goals and spice next summer

Last season I watched an awful team full of overpaid knobheads that didn’t want to work hard and couldn’t care less whether we won or lost.

This season I see a young hungry squad, led by a young hungry manager that will put a shift in and want to put in performances that not only make fans proud but also give the players themselves some professional pride in their own performances.

Already this season I see Coady and Tarkowski playing for spots in their international teams so they can go to a World Cup, Holgate playing like the player he was meant to become, Patterson playing to cement himself as a starter at in the Premier League at just 20, Onana trying to become a leader of men at just 20 giving his absolute everything for a club he joined 2 weeks ago, Iwobi fulfilling the potential he had years ago with new found belief and clearly loving every second, McNeil working himself into the ground so that others around him can have better games, Gordon trying to prove to many, including myself, that we were right to refuse massive money because he’ll get better.

Need I go on? Win, lose or draw these players are clearly playing for this team and this manager. Something that cannot be said for much of the squad last year.

As for being “13%” into the season I couldn’t give a rat’s arse. That’s nothing. If you think we’re in trouble now then by the same note you must think that Leicester are too, Fulham and Leeds are gonna be challenging for Europe and Brighton are gonna be in the Champions League.
I think we’re in trouble because we’ve dropped points to teams that are going to be around us this season near the bottom half and yes I like the work rate and effort shown so far but I haven’t liked leaking goals still and lack of creativity or goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.