Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember getting some scottish fella in who scored a header in a Merseyside derby and want on to become a cult figure, I wonder which striker will make his debut on saturday in front of a rapturous Goodison Park, score the winner and become a cult hero?..........sorry just daydreaming

Still joint top from open play...
That doesnt really show what you think it shows.

Look at the names hes with Joelinton, Pascal Gross and hes even less creative than somebody called Jack Harrison, whoever he is.

Dress it up however you like, we are woeful at creating chances, 2 of our goals this season have come from long punts up field and 1 own goal, I dont even know how it can be argued we lack creativity.

We'll still probably be working away Thursday night, as long as we get them over the line that's the main thing.

Have to put some hope in us operating in the shadows. All the main names that have been banded about from mainstream media never seem to come through. Which is good in some ways...
I hope you’re right. I suppose it’s always the hope that kills you isn’t it.

Been quietly impressed with how we’ve done our business so far this summer, in the terms of how we’ve kept it in the shadows and under wraps. Just that last push to get those two or three over the line by Thursday

Personally I still think this happens. All it takes is for the money to be right and Chelsea to loan us a replacement.
Unless Broja is in the equation then I think it’s over for now. Although it looks like Aubamayang is close to joining Chelsea so that could trigger things off.

Would take something pretty ridiculous now. The fantasy Gallagher / Broja / 25m offer was pure nonsense, but not far off what would be required with 2 days to go.
Yep, Gordon's price has skyrocketed due to Chelsea's dithering. But it could also very much be that they thought they could have him for about £45m and without putting the majority down as an up front payment, so walked away after that, and the media have just faked their interest since then for clicks and views.

In fact, I'm convinced that's what's happened. There is no need for Chelsea to wait for the final day and risk injury to him over our past two games. Just like their interest in Fofana, they bid a few times and have now got that deal sorted bar the announcement.

The Gordon 'deal' has can been around several weeks now, but I think it's dead in the water as they have no intentions of paying close to £60m.

I remember getting some scottish fella in who scored a header in a Merseyside derby and want on to become a cult figure, I wonder which striker will make his debut on saturday in front of a rapturous Goodison Park, score the winner and become a cult hero?..........sorry just daydreaming
I could tell you but it would break the time space continuum…sorry

Unless Broja is in the equation then I think it’s over for now. Although it looks like Aubamayang is close to joining Chelsea so that could trigger things off.
Exactly. I think we will see things move quickly if / when Aubamayang is signed.

Reactions: JLW

Personally I still think this happens. All it takes is for the money to be right and Chelsea to loan us a replacement.
Suspect if it is going to happen you’ll see us making some big money moves in the next day or so. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays and on the understanding he goes next summer.

That doesnt really show what you think it shows.

Look at the names hes with Joelinton, Pascal Gross and hes even less creative than somebody called Jack Harrison, whoever he is.

Dress it up however you like, we are woeful at creating chances, 2 of our goals this season have come from long punts up field and 1 own goal, I dont even know how it can be argued we lack creativity.
Hello there Professor Xavier - how do you know what I think it shows? I said he creates the most amount of chances from open play (outside of top six) you then replied with a different stat,

Wild that you also don't know Jack Harrison is.

Anyway, if you look across our stats we're relatively high for total shots, shots on target, touches in the opposition box (again when compared minus top six). I'd also expect an increase in our 'big chances' when you have an actual striker in the box to aim for/at. A big chance is defined as "A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter" - this type of chances will generally fall to a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.