Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esteemed posters are criticiSing you not Everton Gerbs, you’re just so much of an insecure manchild that you cannot handle it.

A defensive midfielder and another attacker and the transfer window doesn’t leave any glaring holes at least guys.
You're expert at keeping a post vaguely enough on topic aren't you mate?

Hopefully we see at least a few more incomings before deadline day.

There was a report earlier that said Garner was closer to being done than Diaz and Kudus….

Not sure how many more we’ll bring in. 3 mids and a forward? Maybe Allan and Gomes go and Gordon stays?
Something very noticable as well, we are offloading players with by and large really dubious fitness records and the ones coming in almost to a man have absolutely exceptional stats in terms of games played - there's hardly been an injury across the lot of them and certainly nobody with any track record of 'niggles'.

That alone is huge for building up consistency and allows a slightly smaller squad to be used too

Spot on.
Obviously time will tell if Thelwell has made a good start but what I’ve been pleasantly surprised at is the size of change in one window and let’s be honest we’ve needed a ‘reset’.
Yeah I thought we’d make just 2/3 uninspiring changes again this summer so I’m pleased with him so far. Still 5 or so days to hopefully bring more in

He's surely the complete opposite of that though? He's cost relatively little and has proved to be able to contribute in forward positions in this league, its quite low risk and an improvement on what we currently have.

What got us in this position is lashing stupid money at Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Klaasen, Tosun etc and overloading certain positions with garbage whilst not addressing glaring holes season after season. I don't think anyone is claiming Maupay is a world beater or that they want him leading the line for seasons to come, but he gives us an effective option in a position we need without breaking the bank.

I'm shocked, dazed and confused mate.

This is quite possibly your most on the ball post ever in the forum, completely agree with every word

Hope Gordon goes nowhere , so far the signings have been quietly functional , which is not a bad thing.
But Gordon and Richarlison both provided certain spark to the team and losing both in one window would leave the team feeling very flat and lacking in inspiration, at least for me.

Agreed mate, also why I think Kudos would be a good addition, he's a live wire

He's surely the complete opposite of that though? He's cost relatively little and has proved to be able to contribute in forward positions in this league, its quite low risk and an improvement on what we currently have.

What got us in this position is lashing stupid money at Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Klaasen, Tosun etc and overloading certain positions with garbage whilst not addressing glaring holes season after season. I don't think anyone is claiming Maupay is a world beater or that they want him leading the line for seasons to come, but he gives us an effective option in a position we need without breaking the bank.
Great Post mate. The only thing missing is a link to two dogs mating, but other than that I can't fault it.

Something very noticable as well, we are offloading players with by and large really dubious fitness records and the ones coming in almost to a man have absolutely exceptional stats in terms of games played - there's hardly been an injury across the lot of them and certainly nobody with any track record of 'niggles'.

That alone is huge for building up consistency and allows a slightly smaller squad to be used too

I thought that with Tarkowski and Coady the other day. You dont have to buy loads of players. They always plays, so you need less players.

The other is, you start to get continuity. I'm not Holgates biggest fans, but he is starting to look better. I think having that continuity helps. If we can put the same back 3 out,.week after week, we will probably start to see further improvements.

Alot more options at cm if we bring in garner gana and kudus. I kno diaz is a risk but would offer us something different out wide.
absolutely need someone who can offer something different out wide. If Diaz is the one i am all for it. Maupay i see as a stand in for DCL or addition if we go 2 up top.
However i am dreading that Gordon, Mc Neill and Gray will be our options out wide.. They are simply all three no natural goalscorers (yet in case of Gordon). And an attacking midfield option please.
So 3 new players Frank please !!! Gana Kudus and Diaz

Agreed mate, also why I think Kudos would be a good addition, he's a live wire
He's been the link that has excited me the most. Evertonians love a player that gets you off your seat, and we've had too few of those in recent years. James maybe briefly before his injury woes Del boy up until he started chugging for breaths. But other than that you go back to Rooney as a teenager and probably Kanchelskis.

A defensive midfielder and another attacker and the transfer window doesn’t leave any glaring holes at least guys.

I think the greatest indicator of how much of a meltdown has been going on in this thread is that Chico and Bungle are the ones posting sensible points trying to get everyone to calm down. Crazy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.