Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team, board, whoever, completely infuriates me! Like we knew Richarlison was leaving, DCL has been hurt since before the first game. And yet they have done nothing to fix that. Had we acted sooner we could have gotten points off Chelsea, maybe Villa, and maybe even beaten Forest. If nothing gets done this week it will be panic, awful deadline day deals

My shortlist
Christopher Nkunku
Jude Bellingham
Wilfred Ndidi
Victor Osimhen
Rafael Leao
Jonathan David
Paulinho
Neres
Thuram
Embolo
Leroy Sane
Coman
Pogba
Ivan Toney
Tammy Abraham
Lukaku
Saka
Joao Felix
Ansu Fati
Traore Kudus Ajax
Stengs
Correa
Rashford
Vini Jr
Jonjo Shelvey ?
Trent AA
Dayot Upacaneo
Simakan
Zaha
Anyone who immigrated to Europe from Africa.

I’m warming to the idea of selling Gordon, getting Pulisic on loan and then spending the £50m from AG on one or two more wide players and a striker. I know people think Pulisic is made of glass but that’s a bit overblown IMO. I think the guy can do bits when given a run of games and he’s going to be highly motivated going into the WC

Get Gana and Kudos over the line and it would be damn fine business this window I think.

My shortlist
Christopher Nkunku
Jude Bellingham
Wilfred Ndidi
Victor Osimhen
Rafael Leao
Jonathan David
Paulinho
Neres
Thuram
Embolo
Leroy Sane
Coman
Pogba
Ivan Toney
Tammy Abraham
Lukaku
Saka
Joao Felix
Ansu Fati
Traore Kudus Ajax
Stengs
Correa
Rashford
Vini Jr
Jonjo Shelvey ?
Trent AA
Dayot Upacaneo
Simakan
Zaha
Anyone who immigrated to Europe from Africa.

I think they are targeting any player that has been benched for poor play or played an attacking midfield with no goals. Bonus if they are both.

I’m warming to the idea of selling Gordon, getting Pulisic on loan and then spending the £50m from AG on one or two more wide players and a striker. I know people think Pulisic is made of glass but that’s a bit overblown IMO. I think the guy can do bits when given a run of games and he’s going to be highly motivated going into the WC

Get Gana and Kudos over the line and it would be damn fine business this window I think.
Yes, I'd take Pulisic on loan if we flipped Gordon.

I also agree, we are absolutely desperate for a Richarlison replacement, and we need to spend to get quality.

If we ended up with Pulisic, Gueye, Kudos, class wide player and striker back up, then we would be in a good position.

See this is why it’s a bad deal, even with the sale we are looking for value, essentially Gueye on a free, the AJAx kid - though that looks off, 2 Dwight McNeills value in the market - one being a striker and maybe the German kid.

Not great when you think we lost Richarlison and Gordon.

The point of selling is to improve mate, im not sure we will.

Also think clubs are going to rinse us with a week to go in the window.
It isn't hard to improve on Gordon though mate, because he's not that good.

Don't get me wrong, he's a talent, but what has he done to suggest we should turn down £50m (or more) for him?

There's plenty of wide players who would cost much, much less that regularly put up better numbers than Gordon. I appreciate he's a young player and all of the caveats that come with it, but his end product significantly lacks right now.

Now, Chelsea has come for a crazy money to buy Gordon. If he has chosen to leave, I will let him go.
The problem from the beginning is how we use that money.
Broja probably we are chasing and we will try to make him permanent and then we will sign a wide winger to replace gordon or just promote Mills instead.
After that we may still have a few to spend...

Now, Chelsea has come for a crazy money to buy Gordon. If he has chosen to leave, I will let him go.
The problem from the beginning is how we use that money.
Broja probably we are chasing and we will try to make him permanent and then we will sign a wide winger to replace gordon or just promote Mills instead.
After that we may still have a few to spend...
Absolutely no way we ask a kid with zero PL exp to replace Gordon,

Absolutely no way we ask a kid with zero PL exp to replace Gordon,
tbf we asked Gordon, a kid with zero PL experience, to fill in last season when we missed out on Diaz and they still decided to bomb James out 3 weeks after the window shut.

Then we asked him to step up again when we decided to sell one of the better attacking FBs in the league (which is fine) and replace him with a lad who can't cross.

tbf we asked Gordon, a kid with zero PL experience, to fill in last season when we missed out on Diaz and they still decided to bomb James out 3 weeks after the window shut.

Then we asked him to step up again when we decided to sell one of the better attacking FBs in the league (which is fine) and replace him with a lad who can't cross.
If this is the case good luck. Mills has 0 app for this club yes zero.

It’s more to do with no one wants to take Gomes,Allan,Gbamin,Keane, as to why someone has to go, but not a chance he’s worth £50 m, obviously in an ideal world you’d want to keep him, but EFC and ideal worlds aren’t applicable in this or any other scenario.
I also think that if DCL wasn’t injured we might be talking about him not Gordon leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.