Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job playing a system for 10mins when chasing a game against a tired team is exactly the same as playing it for 90mins.
My view isnt based on 10 mins, yes it is the best 10 mins we`ve seen this season but 13 of Franks 20 points last season came from using a back 4, just 7 points from the 5-2-3 DESPITE BEING THE MOST USED SYSTEM.....

Zero points from 6 this season tells you all you need to know about the effectiveness of that system without world class players like Chelsea and Spurs have.

Good morning all I hope you are well. As usual I’ve compiled a summary of the the stories and rumours doing the rounds for the 20th of August.

GOT has had its share of transfer prophets in the past however it now appears that all must answer to the all knowing @[Publication is blacklisted] with forum guru @The Bobble seemingly frozen out at Goodison Park.

Also, enjoy the sport today, big boxing tonight Usyk v Joshua 2 at King Abdullah Sports City as well as @hktoffee v @Bungle 1 at either Morrisons or Asda car park.

A good day to you all.

The Evening Standard claims that Everton are showing interest in Watfords Ismaila Sarr this summer. It has been mentioned that the Toffees are eyeing a move for the Senegalese winger.

The Toffees have been holding talks with Gueye and PSG as they bid to re-sign the midfielder they sold to the French club in 2019. The Premier League side have agreed personal terms with Gueye, but are having trouble closing the deal and talks have now stopped. PSG recently rejected a request from Gueye to let him join Everton for free. Now the Toffees are looking to put pressure on PSG, according to French outlet Foot Mercato.

Frank Lampard’s Everton and David Moyes’s West Ham United are among the clubs interested in signing Scott McTominay from Manchester United in the summer transfer window, according to 90min.

Everton are currently in talks with Jordan Pickford about a new contract. Pickford has two years remaining on his current Everton deal, but Frank Lampard believes the goalkeeper could agree to extend his contract next month.

"The club are speaking with Jordan. He is a massive player for us, everyone wants him to stay and Jordan is very happy here.”

Everton-linked striker Serhou Guirassy is training alone at Rennes, manager Bruno Genesio has confirmed. The Daily Mail reported on Sunday (14 August) that the Blues have tabled a bid to sign the 26-year-old Guinea international with Frank Lampard in the hunt for a new striker.

Journalist Luke Edwards has been speaking on the Transfer Gossip Daily podcast about Everton’s interest in Ben Brereton Diaz who he believes the toffees have an interest in signing.

According to The Times, Everton are set to sign Mohammed Kudus on loan. The tweet from Paul Joyce, the newspaper's Northern Football Correspondent, also states the Blues will have the option of making the transfer permanent at the end of the season.

Kudus plays in midfield and can also operate in the No.10 position. If he joins, he will become Everton's sixth summer signing.

Also

Everton are set to sign Ajax forward Mohammed Kudus as a potential replacement for the outgoing Dele Alli, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper has reported in its print edition [20 August, pg. 110] that talks are ongoing between the two parties over a potential deal in the imminent future.

With the transfer window entering its final couple of weeks, Everton are still on the hunt for a striker after adding to their defensive and midfield ranks. Goncalo Ramos is the latest name linked with a move to Goodison Park according to Sport Witness.

Everton are waiting for Dele Alli to make his decision for a proposed move to Turkish club Besiktas, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano. On his Twitter account Romano stated that the Merseyside club are open to the idea of letting Alli leave on loan or on a permanent deal and it is now up to the player to decide.

Frank Lampard has stated that he is keen to keep young winger Anthony Gordon at Everton despite reports of links with a move to Chelsea. The England U21 international has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park this summer where the London-based club are leading the charge [Sky Sports].

“He [Gordon] is an Everton player and that’s it for me,” he said. “I don’t want to talk about hypothetical questions of what might be

According to Sky Sports reporter Gianluca Di Marzio, the Toffees have emerged as one of two possible destinations for Napoli midfielder Eljif Elmas.

6F62DD69-0F32-499A-AD77-DFB6DC7E0092.jpeg
2D222EFF-F3F1-457A-AB90-D0A2CCA40D6E.jpeg
C370DEE1-E331-4DA1-8B2E-6026ECD980C2.jpeg

You may be right Dave, but you don’t know that for sure. I will judge them when the window closes, up to now virtually every signing has improved us apart from Dele (I am reserving judgement on McNeil). I like Tarkowski, Coady, Mykolenko and Patterson, none of the, workd beaters but all better than we had, Vinegre looks Ok from the little I have seen of him. Gana I will be chuffed with. Lets see what happens with Strikers though, as none of us have a scooby who we will end up with!
Well Patterson and Mykolenko were before Lampard and Thelwell. McNeil is a waste of £20M+ (that was a massively inflated fee). Vinagre didn;t do it at Wolves and Coady looks very limited to playing a deep defensive line and maybe just one formation.

Tarkowski is about the only one I'd approve of.

Well Patterson and Mykolenko were before Lampard and Thelwell. McNeil is a waste of £20M+ (that was a massively inflated fee). Vinagre didn;t do it at Wolves and Coady looks very limited to playing a deep defensive line and maybe just one formation.

Don’t forget Onana.

What about Onana ?

My view isnt based on 10 mins, yes it is the best 10 mins we`ve seen this season but 13 of Franks 20 points last season came from using a back 4, just 7 points from the 5-2-3 DESPITE BEING THE MOST USED SYSTEM.....

Zero points from 6 this season tells you all you need to know about the effectiveness of that system without world class players like Chelsea and Spurs have.
System was fine vs Chelsea. Issue was a pathetic penalty given away by one of the midfielders and a lack of a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.