Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it IS Everton. What was that Churchill said about us Yanks? "Americans always choose the right thing to do after they've exhausted every other option"? Just replace Americans and Everton and let's see if we've learned anything yet.
So you’re telling me Fabian Delph is coming back in?

On MNF they've just analysed Man Utd recruitment over the last while and slated it. Only one club have been worse!!! I don't have as much faith as lots seem to have in reinvesting and kicking on coz I haven't seen it in a very long time. Would love to be proved wrong btw.
How are we gonna ever progress if people judge mistakes made by previous heads of recruitment and level them at the new ones? People say you can’t trust Kenwright and Moshiri, that might be true and I agree.

However I think since Thelwell and Lampard have come in they’ve not put one foot wrong and I’m interested in everyone they’ve brought in, I also like the vast majority of the players we’ve been linked with.

Steve Walsh and Koeman made a mess of the club, Brands was inconsistent. Their performance have no bearing whatsoever on how Thelwell operates, if we can’t trust him and his process becuase of others before him then what’s the point in employing him in the first place?

With the various big contracts running out, the Richy sale, potential Gordon sale and the Kean sale, would we have a free hit now with FFP?

How are we gonna ever progress if people judge mistakes made by previous heads of recruitment and level them at the new ones? People say you can’t trust Kenwright and Moshiri, that might be true and I agree.

However I think since Thelwell and Lampard have come in they’ve not put one foot wrong and I’m interested in everyone they’ve brought in, I also like the vast majority of the players we’ve been linked with.

Steve Walsh and Koeman made a mess of the club, Brands was inconsistent. Their performance have no bearing whatsoever on how Thelwell operates, if we can’t trust him and his process becuase of others before him then what’s the point in employing him in the first place?
We've been linked with Che Adams and bought McNeil for 20m. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Anyone crying over this transfer honestly has me perplexed. Aside from Pickford and Richarlison I don’t think there was a single player from last season’s squad that I’d have been upset at losing for £15m at most and would’ve given most of them away for nothing. Gordon for £45m+ is more than I could ever imagine.

If you honestly think that we can’t improve on objectively one of the worst forward lines we’ve ever had and are lost without him then I don’t know what to tell you.
I think it's the same kind of sentimentality we accuse boys pen Billy of. We need to be cold and pragmatic about this. If someone is offering the best part of 50m for an unproven player who can't pass or shoot, we should be taking it.

Pure business decision, as we can reinvest those funds in the team and strengthen the collective.

Isn't this the model we wanted for now? Look at Brighton and Brentford, it works for them

We've been linked with Che Adams and bought McNeil for 20m. Doesn't fill me with confidence.
I don’t mind Che Adams at all. Plays most games for Southampton, full international and first choice for Scotland and does a good job as a striker and chips in with a few goals. For the right price he’s absolutely a good deal.

I remember this time last year we were linked with Mitrovic and people had the same nonsense to say about him, thinking he was some useless crap player just because he played for a “lesser” team. Went on and scored 40+ goals in the championship and now looks to be a decent PL striker.

For a backup striker to Calvert Lewin when he’s fit I think looking at the likes of Adams is a no brainier, even if he’s not the most “exciting” name.

I think it's the same kind of sentimentality we accuse boys pen Billy of. We need to be cold and pragmatic about this. If someone is offering the best part of 50m for an unproven player who can't pass or shoot, we should be taking it.

Pure business decision, as we can reinvest those funds in the team and strengthen the collective.

Isn't this the model we wanted for now? Look at Brighton and Brentford, it works for them
Exactly. It would make no business sense to not only not sell him for that sort of money but to then offer him a new deal. It makes no sense whatsoever. He’s not earned either side of it, the new contract here or the transfer to Chelsea.

I don’t mind Che Adams at all. Plays most games for Southampton, full international and first choice for Scotland and does a good job as a striker and chips in with a few goals. For the right price he’s absolutely a good deal.

I remember this time last year we were linked with Mitrovic and people had the same nonsense to say about him, thinking he was some useless crap player just because he played for a “lesser” team. Went on and scored 40+ goals in the championship and now looks to be a decent PL striker.

For a backup striker to Calvert Lewin when he’s fit I think looking at the likes of Adams is a no brainier, even if he’s not the most “exciting” name.
No. Just no.

No. Just no.
Genuinely tell me why not? Certainly there are better players out there and all that but if he’s someone the manager and DoF want then I’d fully back it. I would say you don’t understand the nature of situation we’re in considering if we had a backup striker that could score league 5 goals a season it’d something we’ve legitimately not had for 10 years.

The fact that people turn their noses up at Adams yet will welcome some lads that they didn’t hear of 10 minutes before they’ve been linked is just endlessly hilarious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.