Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we will tbh, we seem to bomb from one target to another atm, having supposedly had one bid for Guirassy knocked back, we’ll go back with another or bid for Gyokeres or another striker on the list. Can see us having one in by the time we kick off v Forest next weekend
Just paper talk mate. Don't get drawn in by it. Just because it's posted in here doesn't mean it's really happening.

it will be fairly poor if theres no significant outgoings ie gbamin, gomes
What is poor, with hindsight, was buying those players in the first place and giving them such big contracts. Who would want them now? Would you?

Players like that invariably go at the end of the window when clubs panic. Even then some players refuse as we know.

There's no point beating yourself up about it.

What is poor, with hindsight, was buying those players in the first place and giving them such big contracts. Who would want them now? Would you?

Players like that invariably go at the end of the window when clubs panic. Even then some players refuse as we know.

There's no point beating yourself up about it.

whos doing that?
nothing anyone can do about what happens in the transfer window but everyone would like to see a balanced squad, shorn of dead wood as soon as possible.

So it appears another week goes by to get a new striker registered by noon today in time for Saturday. Villa are being gifted 3 points as the fan base debate the merits of a new badge style.

Lets hope Rondon does not get injured !

I'm still expecting Gana to join, I really do like the look of the lad from Salzburg, but having Gana be a mentor to Onana will also be very beneficial imo.

On the striker end, I like that we are targeting the French league, it seems those teams are happier with drip payments etc.

Gana and a Striker and I think we've had a really solid window, one that has far exceeded the expectations I had even just 4 weeks ago

SSN update on the Gana situation.
1660208633972.png

it will be fairly poor if theres no significant outgoings ie gbamin, gomes
I'm surprised by some of the talk as if it's been an undoubtedly great window to be honest. I think at the back end of last season if you'd said we'd be going into the second game with only one new midfielder, no Richarlison replacement and none of the deadwood moved on most people would have said that was disappointing. It feels a little bit like expectations went so low for a while, with people thinking there was no money at all, that the business we've now done is being seen as better than maybe it is in reality.

That's not to say we haven't done good business, but I think plenty more still needs to be done before i'd class it as a particularly good window in real terms.

We are about to go into another meaningful league match without a capable centre forward.

What's the excuse this week?

The narrative around our business makes no sense to me so far. Things might change but at the minute, the squad is weaker and has no goals whatsoever. People must be very easily pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.