Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be refreshing to see Everton brave enough to walk away from a bad deal.

I've been like a stuck record saying if Gana could be either a great or terrible signing depending on the finances.
He wasn't bad last year for psg

Compare him against davies, siggurdson and the like we had last season, we have nothing to lose

The length of contract, if anything, will be the test

Yep very good point. Especially he is pushing for a three year deal or any bonuses up front. With resale value, it's no contest as long as the fee for Camara does not get out of hand.

For reference, Mwepu cost Brighton about £20m from Salzburg, but he had only two years on his deal at the time actually looks like he might have had three years as well, and I don't believe was quite as highly rated. So it's hard to see it being less than £25-30m. But if structured like Onana's deal, maybe we can do it. I'm kind of done making assumptions about our finances this summer.
Saw a 30m euro release clause mentioned, although of course a release clause requires the money paid in full so unlikely for us. But a basis for negotiation I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.