Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now then now then.

Interesting! I highly doubt that we have the money for him. But obviously he would be preferable to Gana. It would be a pretty big miss by all of the journalists who have said the Gana deal was done. But crazier things have happened.

Interesting! I highly doubt that we have the money for him. But obviously he would be preferable to Gana. It would be a pretty big miss by all of the journalists who have said the Gana deal was done. But crazier things have happened.
It's a strange one isn't it. Like, if Camara was a possibility in terms of cost and interest we should've been prioritising it all along- it's certainly the better investment.

But at the same time, if we have the money for Camara doesn't it need to be spent on a quality forward? Unless we somehow have the money for both?

It's a strange one isn't it. Like, if Camara was a possibility in terms of cost and interest we should've been prioritising it all along- it's certainly the better investment.

But at the same time, if we have the money for Camara doesn't it need to be spent on a quality forward? Unless we somehow have the money for both?
Yeah that's why I'm thinking this is just a connecting-the-dots story. Camara is probably a long term target and someone we've scouted. Would make sense with our need for a DM and Thelwell will be well aware of any RB organization players. I bet they got a scoop that we're interested in him and then jumped to conclusions that it was linked to Gana's deal stalling. My bet is that it would have been him or Onana and we moved for Onana instead.

Camara is highly rated and has a contract until 2025 - I don't see him going for much less than Onana. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.