Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on the bench for both games I think. Other players with knocks have just not been included (dcl and Gray vs blackpool)
Not injured so to speak but in recovery from surgery, so behind players in fitness, hence why he got arouind 10mins against Blackpool.

Agreed 100%. But, in theory, starting the season with him as to wait for the 6 we REALLY want might not be awful.
I wouldn't really call that having Gbamin as Plan A. I would call it starting Gbamin until we can shake Plan A loose from another club. That fits into him picking up minutes, so I would be good with that.

We could do worse than O'Hare.

You can keep your hands off him!! lol Now that Burnley have a few quid back in their pocket they can stop being so cheap or leave him alone.

Though it would be a massive step up he is exactly the kind of player that Everton needs right now. He is a skilful player, his work ethic and attitude is faultless. He is more of a risk but I think he is a better option that Barkley & Winks plus he'd be far cheaper. He may not be at their level but Everton need fight and desire rather than more journeymen mercenaries.

Lampard wants versatility so compromise is needed somewhere
Yeah I get that but we are not actually solving any of our issues, from what I see it's just going to be more of the same this season. We will see when the season gets going but I'm not getting my hopes up any.

You can keep your hands off him!! lol Now that Burnley have a few quid back in their pocket they can stop being so cheap or leave him alone.

Though it would be a massive step up he is exactly the kind of player that Everton needs right now. He is a skilful player, his work ethic and attitude is faultless. He is more of a risk but I think he is a better option that Barkley & Winks plus he'd be far cheaper. He may not be at their level but Everton need fight and desire rather than more journeymen mercenaries.

Need to take a chance on players sometimes. Like Moyes did with Tim Cahill. More of those needed for this team. O'Hare fits that mould for me, but I'm an old romantic football fan, not an Everton alumni. !

To be honest, I don't care about all the discussion about needing a no.6, or a no.8. We need proper midfielders who can do a bit of everything. If you are only good going forward, or only good defensively, or only good at very specific things, then you are not a top midfielder.
We can't attract those right now. We can't get old Busquets, much less young Busquets.

The mission right now is to bring in limited players who, collectively, are more than the sum of the parts.

Hopefully the end of the window brings more reason for optimism but as it stands we are being linked/ bought with 3 players from one of the teams that were worse than us.
A couple of player's from wolves because of Thelwells contact there.
2 players we sold in past one of whom totally crapped on the club.
All very uninspiring especially as we seem to be totally unable to shift the players that let us down badly last year.
I know people will say the window is still open till the end of August but the season starts in a couple of Weeks and I have a feeling we are going to need every point we can get
It'll bring more optimism for me. Off to Majorca on September the 1st. Hopefully with at least 8 points from our first five games and good performance to come against the rs on the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.