Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Wilson to be a Premier League golden boot winner in the years to come :)
Just moved from Rangers to Villa, as I said the Old Firm are struggling to keep their best young players, but not only them, Newcastle just signed a 17 y/o from St Mirren, and it’s been going on for a good few years. 16/17 year old lads have been getting snapped up by English Premiership teams. Not all of them will make the grade, but there’s been so many over the last few years, chances are a good number will.

Scotland and Ireland are really starting to get youth teams in order. Brexit has been a blessing for the Irish lads, quiet a few have gone to Italy and German clubs this summer which was unheard off before.
To be honest, it’s better up here than before but still massively underfunded. The difference, as you said, now there are opportunities elsewhere when before there was none. Now they can go to England or Germany etc.

Mate, we went through a period where we weren’t producing so many good players, but it’s been changing. You go look at the youth teams for all the big teams in England, lots of Scots. Emilio Lawrence just left Everton for Man City, attacking midfielder 16, was playing for Everton’s U23’s. Even the Old Firm are struggling to keep their best young players because the likes of Man City, Liverpool keep taking them.
You just bought Patterson, 20 y/o, he’s got the potential to go very far in the game. And at Rangers there’s another right back 18 y/o who looks a real good player, Devine. Alex Lowry at Rangers looks a pretty special talent, 18 y/o. Calvin Ramsey, 18 just moved to Liverpool, Aaron Hickey 19 Brentford. You beginning to see a pattern? We’ve got young players at Bayern Munich, I think they’re just starting to get into the U23’s. Scotland never produced players, not for lack of talent, but lack of opportunities. That seems to be changing, give it another couple of years and the chances are you’ll start to see more young Scottish players in the Premiership first teams. They are already there in numbers in the youth setups.
Bologna sold Hickey,
And have gone back into the SPL for Lewis Ferguson.
The SPL is a small talent pool, but is a place where you can kind of know your getting a reliable player.

Just moved from Rangers to Villa, as I said the Old Firm are struggling to keep their best young players, but not only them, Newcastle just signed a 17 y/o from St Mirren, and it’s been going on for a good few years. 16/17 year old lads have been getting snapped up by English Premiership teams. Not all of them will make the grade, but there’s been so many over the last few years, chances are a good number will.
The future of Scottish football is looking very positive, and just for the record, I am not Scottish!

Bologna sold Hickey,
And have gone back into the SPL for Lewis Ferguson.
The SPL is a small talent pool, but is a place where you can kind of know your getting a reliable player.
Doig just went to Verona, 21 y/o. But I think it’ll be in England in the next couple of years that you’ll start to see a number of Scottish players emerge, as if out of nowhere. But the reality is that the trend of young Scottish footballers going to U16, U18 etc in top English teams has been going on for a number of years. The results just haven’t appeared yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.