Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I a
MGM Studios and Corneo might turn out decent, but are they worth a combined £50m+? That's most of the Richy money. We might have to dig into the Arteta money for a CDM.
i could be wrong but is it more to do with how much money we pay upfront in the deals?

Bit early to say the current model agree the ownership has been a disgrace. But we will all have to wait till the end of the window to see who we have got in. I would have liked new players in for the trip to the Usa.
Moshiri's model:

16/17 - 7th (great boost over finishing 11th at the end of Bill's reign)
17/18 - 8th
18/19 - 8th
19/20 - 12th
20/21 - 10th
21/22 - 16th

Those data are inarguable. The trajectory is down, our current model is failing, six and a bit years of data is not a "bit early".

We all knew Richarlison was leaving, Everton knew he was leaving. Two weeks after he left we have no replacement, it's mismanagement. Leeds sold Phillips and Raphinia. Everyone knew that was going to happen too. Difference is, Leeds have signed replacements for each position and have used the surplus to sign four other players. Now, they might be rubbish, all of those players have been signed from apparently weaker leagues. However, they will all have a full pre-season and will be prepped for the league. If we sign anyone, and I genuinely believe it is an "if", we will have less time to prepare them for the season to come. We'll be on the back foot, as usual.

MGM Studios and Corneo might turn out decent, but are they worth a combined £50m+? That's most of the Richy money. We might have to dig into the Arteta money for a CDM.
Let's be Frank (you can still be Shirley - gag for the oldies there), it's not enough. It's going to be a long, hard season. Might as well start preparing now.

Moshiri's model:

17/18 - 8th
18/19 - 8th
19/20 - 12th
20/21 - 10th
21/22 - 16th

Those data are inarguable. The trajectory is down, our current model is failing, six and a bit years of data is not a "bit early".

We all knew Richarlison was leaving, Everton knew he was leaving. Two weeks after he left we have no replacement, it's mismanagement. Leeds sold Phillips and Raphinia. Everyone knew that was going to happen too. Difference is, Leeds have signed replacements for each position and have used the surplus to sign four other players. Now, they might be rubbish, all of those players have been signed from apparently weaker leagues. However, they will all have a full pre-season and will be prepped for the league. If we sign anyone, and I genuinely believe it is an "if", we will have less time to prepare them for the season to come. We'll be on the back foot, as usual.
Agree with all of that my hope is on Thelwell and lampard getting the right players in. I dont think this season will be amazing but with a few new faces and the club making smart loan signings. I do feel we should have a better season. I hate what the fools we have had in charge of this club have done the past few seasons. I just have to think that the club will turn around and we can start pushing on again

Moshiri's model:

17/18 - 8th
18/19 - 8th
19/20 - 12th
20/21 - 10th
21/22 - 16th

But again and I really dont want it to look like im picking holes, we did the same thing Leeds did when we sold Lukaku.

Our problem isnt buying players from the Premier League or not buying players from abroad, its simply buying the wrong players at the wrong time.

Agree with all of that my hope is on Thelwell and lampard getting the right players in. I dont think this season will be amazing but with a few new faces and the club making smart loan signings. I do feel we should have a better season. I hate what the fools we have had in charge of this club have done the past few seasons. I just have to think that the club will turn around and we can start pushing on again
Fingers crossed, mate.

But again and I really dont want it to look like im picking holes, we did the same thing Leeds did when we sold Lukaku.

Our problem isnt buying players from the Premier League or not buying players from abroad, its simply buying the wrong players at the wrong time.
I did say they might be rubbish. All I do know is that, in the era of five subs, Leeds have gambled on having players in a squad whilst we rely on Davies, Gomes, Holgate, Rondon and Iwobi. I will bet you twenty English pounds that we put out a bench with two keepers or less than five subs at least three times this season. Probably many times more.

Of that list, I suspect all will be here next season (maybe Gomes goes), all will get a substantial number of minutes, all will be pariahs on here (despite the best efforts of Big Igg).

We don't have years. This year or next we get relegated with our current model and current ownership. It would be the most Everton thing ever to open our new stadium in our first game in the second division in over 70 years against Luton or Huddersfield or someone like that. NSNO.
No i dont think we will get relegated but it will be a struggle if we have the squad we have now

I did say they might be rubbish. All I do know is that, in the era of five subs, Leeds have gambled on having players in a squad whilst we rely on Davies, Gomes, Holgate, Rondon and Iwobi. I will bet you twenty English pounds that we put out a bench with two keepers or less than five subs at least three times this season. Probably many times more.

Of that list, I suspect all will be here next season (maybe Gomes goes), all will get a substantial number of minutes, all will be pariahs on here (despite the best efforts of Big Igg).
9 subs on the bench next season mate, we will probably put 2 GKs on the bench every game.

f

or the wrong price on wrong wages for the wrong length of contract.

And there has been a few wrong uns too

George Michael
Morgan Gibbs-White -
@SportsPeteO
Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath

Andrew Ridgeley
Aster Vranckx
- Loic Tanzi

Pepsi & Shirlie
Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb **

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski
- Matt Law

giphy.gif

When Everton say they're looking for the right players, it simply means "players available unexpectedly on loan at the end of the window, or those of an unknown, unproven quantity (from outside the Premier League) or proven crap quality (from inside Premier League) prepared to join us with no competition for their signature".

I'm sure there might be a few Arsenal rejects available in a few weeks, maybe we can lash the Richarlison money on Bernd Leno or Nicholas Pepe.

The errors accumulated by different style of managers make us more poor. The new manager cant buy what we want. The little new faces cant turn everything round. Now, our squad is unbalanced but it is a squad we have much room to add.
If we can add new investments and suffer 1-2 years, we will buy big again to challenge the front of league.

Status
Not open for further replies.