Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you play two players that mostly played at centre forward out wide @MikelsGoat @Marius57 ?

We sell Richarlison for £60mil and sign two back up centre forwards for £37.5mil.

One who missed so many chances he practically relegated his team single handedly....and the other who had 2.5 months in the form of his life while clearly having poor technique.

Meanwhile Brentford stats based approach has them bidding for KLP. A player that fits the mould Lampard has improved in the past.
I dont particularly want either. But just for the sake of it. Dennis played more often not as a CF forward for Watford. (20 games not as CF to his 15 games at CF).

Cornet played 12 times as a CF for Burnley, but 15 times out wide. So again, didn't mostly play as a CF.

Theor stats based approach? Not the stats of goals/assists in the PL i take it?

Interesting the approach we take now.

If we do sell Richy soon which seems certain, do we suddenly start bringing in targets - or are we trying to wait out whilst some teams Chelsea, City, etc spend before and see what their incomings mean in terms if who then becomes available?

We need to hold a domestic loan for sure.

Hopefully we see some activity, as Richy going has been a known fact before the season ended as has been the areas we need to strengthen.

The speed of doing the Tarkowski deal, seems to suggest we are at least trying to be proactive - Richy going releasing financial constraints will show just how proactive we will be now

If we do sell Richy soon which seems certain, do we suddenly start bringing in targets - or are we trying to wait out whilst some teams Chelsea, City, etc spend before and see what their incomings mean in terms if who then becomes available?

Hopefully we see some activity, as Richy going has been a known fact before the season ended as has been the areas we need to strengthen.

The speed of doing the Tarkowski deal, seems to suggest we are at least trying to be proactive - Richy going releasing financial constraints will show just how proactive we will be now
A well run club would have several targets identified well in advance which fit in both an overall transfer strategy and clear pattern of play and development. A poorly run club will wait and see what is on the market and then just sign players who happen to be available and are subject to bidding wars and so overpriced and/or overpaid.

We've already nailed Tark so I assume we're on course to fulfil our standard destiny.

A6599840-E625-4244-B0E5-C2D6CF38357A.jpeg

….a few snippets impacting links on here.

I'd be disappointed but not surprised if they were not ready to act fast and use the money made available to them quickly, with targets identified and ready. You can get knocked back of course, but the groundwork should be done.

We have the feel of a club that's just been promoted to me actually, minus the excitement, and we're almost starting at ground zero in trying to rebuild a squad capable of being competitive in a relative sense.

We need signings quickly to boost morale. It will be a very difficult few weeks with Richy gone if that doesn't materialise. Lampard & Thelwell have had enough time to review and know what's required, that's tempered of course by what they're given.

So now not only do we need to buy a replacement for Richarlison, but we need a further striker to come in too, as last season proved beyond doubt that even one serious injury to our front line turns us into a relegation team.

That £50m needs to stretch very, very far.

At least one CM needed, I'd argue a quality winger too.

Two strikers, one CM, one winger alongside Tarkowski and, with Richarlison gone and the books more or less balanced, it'll have been a successful window.

Last edited:

Football can change very quickly - look at the rise of RS and decline of Utd in recent years.

West Ham from mid table jokers to top 6 under Moyes

Spurs from a laughing stock under Mourinho/Nuno to CL contenders under Conte.

Dont get the doom and gloom personally - it all goes in cycles unless you're state backed club in which you'll be up there forever.

Agree with this. Football changes so quickly. Look at Palace last season, terrible under Hodgson but a very good and exciting team to watch last year under Viera.

I’m 100% sure Lampard won’t want another season like last. I’m expecting a few players in as soon as Richy goes. Probably some that haven’t been linked in the media too.

Pickford
Patterson/Coleman - Godfrey - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Iwobi - Winks - Dele/Doucoure
Gordon - Calvert - Gray

That will be our team based on the solid links he have had so far
We are not far off giving Carl Tiler and Bobby Williamson a game with that line-up. We need another 4 players minimum and probably 6, which doesn't seem feasible. Otherwise it's last season on repeat with a worse outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.