Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who is not only looking forward to next season but also feeling positive about it? I've never seen so many glass half empty comments.
Yes.
Yes you probably are.
What’s your secret, can you see something that I can’t at this point?
Or are you engaged in heavy drug use?

I've been an Evertonian for 59 years so have been through good and bad, but I have always looked forward and felt positive. It's called a positive mental attitude.

Football can change very quickly - look at the rise of RS and decline of Utd in recent years.

West Ham from mid table jokers to top 6 under Moyes

Spurs from a laughing stock under Mourinho/Nuno to CL contenders under Conte.

Dont get the doom and gloom personally - it all goes in cycles unless you're state backed club in which you'll be up there forever.

Football can change very quickly - look at the rise of RS and decline of Utd in recent years.

West Ham from mid table jokers to top 6 under Moyes

Spurs from a laughing stock under Mourinho/Nuno to CL contenders under Conte.

Dont get the doom and gloom personally - it all goes in cycles unless you're state backed club in which you'll be up there forever.

All's I'll say is our cycle is taking an awful long time. Maybe if we'd have took uncle 'kin Cyril off the handlebars... lol

My main worry about this is how much we struggle for goals last season.

James
Gilfy
Digne
Richy

All created goals and scored goals... There's really no one else that adds to it. Also don't see where they are going to come from.

Cometh the hour....
Tom-Davies-was-present-during-match-against-Leicester.jpg

Dennis & Cornet for a combined £37.5 millions to give us some serious goal threat from oot wide next season?

What do we think @Zatara
For that price and not crazy wages it’s actually not bad business. But like money ball. Replace 1 10 goal a year striker/winger and get 2 for half the price who will cover his attacking returns seems ok to me.

Depressing day. For the next 2 seasons we are in a relegation battle. It is all about moving to that new stadium with PL status in tact. Good luck to Richi who gave 100% everytime he put on the shirt

All's I'll say is our cycle is taking an awful long time. Maybe if we'd have took uncle 'kin Cyril off the handlebars... lol

Way I see it mate is we had "relative" good times under Moyes for nearly a decade, 1 great season under Martinez and a 7th placed season under Koeman.

The last 3 years in particular have been crap with the 12th, 10th & 16th finishes but its easy to forget we were finishing top 7 and playing in europe watching players like Lukaku, Stones, Fellaini, Arteta etc whilst clubs who are "up there" now like WHU and Leicester were in the championship or in relegation scraps.

Our time will come again.

Status
Not open for further replies.