Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the formation as well...i know eggs doesnt put much stock in formations...but if were playing 343 then its surely different tactics to 433.

I dont think were too far off 8th-10th.

If we held onto our main players, didnt get mad injuries and add Tarkowski, DM and forward starters just 6.5/7 out of 10 every game we'd be in that bracket.

Id guess the attack would come from Wide with the full backs (Myko/Patterson) and wingers/wide forwards + Iwobi central and the long ball to DCL in a 433 type setup.

Just need to have the CB/DM for defensive solidity.
I take the point on width the full backs can hopefully provide more assists in 343. But you really think Iwobi can deliver enough? I like the guy he has been working his heart out but he hasn't put up great assists or goals numbers since we bought him. I like Alli but the team needs to be set up for him. Also how do we rest and rotate these players? Where are our game changers off the bench? Or do we flog them until injury like we usually do? I think for me we need four more players to get a first team/squad capable of competing pushing current first teamers to rotation/squad players in some instances, a DM and a 8 with creativity/goals, a wide forward and another striker, whether we get that may be dictated by finances. We could explore loan or free markets though. I do agree youth can also be utilitised to pad out the squad, but I don't know how close the likes of Dobbin, Price et al are to being effective squad players.

Last edited:
I don't understand how a player who is set to leave on a free can't announce who he is signing for until after his contract is up? For players in Europe it's 6months before their contract is up, for players in England it's 1 month before their contract is up. Makes no sense to delay announcing it.

I don't understand how a player who is set to leave on a free can't announce who he is signing for until after his contract is up? For players in Europe it's 6months before their contract is up, for players in England it's 1 month before their contract is up. Makes no sense to delay announcing it.
I mean technically nobody has to announce anything. As long as Everton register him as a player with the premier league then we're good.

I know this story about not antagonising Burnley is very popular but him not being announced until the new shirt is out seems much more believable to me.

Either way, we all know he's signed so why stress?

There is absolutely no point in selling Richy at 50, we wont even make any profit on him.

Richy at 50 and write of the dele fee after 20 games.

We need some supreme talent in midfield, we’ve got the grafters and the can (just about) do a jobbers but now we need pure talent.

We’re absolutely skint of course so I guess in some ways Jack Cork welcome home

It may well be we have a restriction on registering players till the end of the financial year, placed on us by the FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.