Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate. You’ve already completely ignored me twice when I mentioned similar religious transgressions that he was happy to overlook for years on end, yet you continue to insist that it’s a religious issue and Gueye’s rights have been violated (despite the fact he was allowed to miss a competitive match without any discernible sanctions).

Also, we still shouldn’t sign him.

I imagine he missed out on his appearance bonus, and the adverse affects on his future employment prospects are all too apparent. It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone objected to a demand that they wear clothes promoting gambling etc. I certainly wouldn't want someone blacklisted if they did.

I think we also have to consider the wisdom of signing a LB who probably can't play LB in a team with under 60% possession with the intention of making him a midfielder even though he's only played there a handful of times at this level.

Three years ago I'd have been all the way behind this but now I don't love it. He's really just a LB.
Back 3 with Mykolenko left sided centre back & Zinchenko at left wing back!

Do you think he could play as a mid two or you think better suited to a mid 3 . I havent seen alot of him looks comfortable on the ball
Good question and one i can't answer because he hasn't really played enough in midfield for us. I think he'd be better in a mid 3 on the left.

Back 3 with Mykolenko left sided centre back & Zinchenko at left wing back!
Myko has looked boss at LWB so not sure why we’d sign someone to take that place when we have much bigger holes in the squad that need more urgent attention.

We had the CM shouts with Baines as well. Not every LB has a Zanetti-esque Indian summer where they end up as midfield linchpins by default. I know Zinchenko plays there for Ukraine but I don’t recall seeing him do it in the PL and given our midfield is weak as the proverbial urine I don’t think signing a part-timer, who looks like he could do with a gym membership, is the answer.

Myko has looked boss at LWB so not sure why we’d sign someone to take that place when we have much bigger holes in the squad that need more urgent attention.

We had the CM shouts with Baines as well. Not every LB has a Zanetti-esque Indian summer where they end up as midfield linchpins by default. I know Zinchenko plays there for Ukraine but I don’t recall seeing him do it in the PL and given our midfield is weak as the proverbial urine I don’t think signing a part-timer, who looks like he could do with a gym membership, is the answer.

He's a cm being played out of position by city mate, same way Delph was - him his manager the national manager all on record as he's a cm

Just difficult when he’s not been trusted there in the PL. Could be that overall quality wins out and he’d be great in CM for us but because it’s been such a problem position for so long, this would seem to me like quite a flippant way to address it.
Yeah I'd rather play KDB in central midfield than Zinchencko but that doesn't mean he isn't decent in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.