Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m a big fan, love watching him play. You can just tell he’s got everything in his locker with the way he plays.
Very confident in his own ability, plays with a smile and exactly the profile of player we should be getting, massive sell on value too if he reaches his ceiling. Time to stop buying players past there sell by value unless they serve a specific purpose like idrissa will for a nominal fee, otherwise we will keep ending up like this summer skint.

If true Swerve, dont need such characters. he will do the same here if he is a success and someone comes calling next summer.

Difference is he's kicking off because he's not playing and we want him here to sell and make a profit on him.

So it suits us for him to come here and us sell him in a year or two.

I think it's a bit different though. From what I read, the lad wants to develop his career by moving to a better league, he doesn't necessarily expect to be a starter there.

Yet Ajax are denying him that and refusing to use him.
Yeah it’s very easy for us to look at any deal that benefits us and look the other way but in fairness this genuinely does just look like a case of a lad wanting to leave being fairly justified. Look at it this way, if he was playing every week at Ajax he’d never want to come to Everton, they just seem to be really ignoring him in terms of their squad.

he can play as a no10 too so gives us more options.

our bench was pathetic last night.
No doubt our bench was dire. It's a great pickup for the club.

My concern is that he'll end up tossing the toys out of the pram here if we can't find a way to make use of him, other than the last five or ten minutes of a game. If he's coming on after Onana is gassed and we then quit sitting back and get after it, that would be good. Will it keep him motivated?

I see what you're saying but I view it quite differently. If, for example, Gordon had gone on strike to force the move to Chelsea, that would say a lot about his character as he would be aggressively attempting to swap first team football for Chelsea's bench.

If however, we had a manager like Koeman or Allardyce, who refused to play him because he is young but wouldn't let him move either in case we get injuries, I could well understand it.

Also, Kudus has been their best player in pre-season and still isn't being given a go. It's a powerplay by their manager and I can well understand the lad's frustration.
I understand all that and agree with the examples given. The big one for me, as you previously mentioned, is the World Cup. If his striking is all based around game time and development before the WC, then I’m all for it.

If it’s a strike to push the move to a financially better league with more doors being opened from playing in the premier league, then I wouldn’t want us being surprised when he strikes to try leave us.

Unfortunately, we’ll never know what goes on behind the scenes fully

Do not sign a player who goes on strike. I don't like it at all.
Superimposed1661947058614.jpg

I can see both sides of it tbf. I’d be happy to take him as, from what you’ve said, he seems driven! But I suppose if we sign him and he does well we can’t be surprised if someone comes calling and he repeats his behaviour…
The name of the game for most clubs these days mate. The trick is to identify the young talent, nurture it and sell at a profit. I'd much sooner go back to the days of John Moores and the Mersey millionaires, but, realistically, there are only a handful of clubs worldwide who can afford not to sell sometimes when the big offer comes in. Go with the flow, if the boy forces a transfer from Ajax and Lampard and Thelwell rate him, great. We just have to accept that In a few years he may be doing the same to us. If so, we just have to suck it up and get the most inflated fee for him we possibly can.

Status
Not open for further replies.