Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have wondered why we don’t do that more

It’s almost as though we want to have a big club mentality of wanting to pay a premium for proven players, yet we haven’t got the finances or standing to play that game at all.

Thats exactly what it has been.

We have a chip on our shoulder, and a pride that sort of holds us back. That weve wanted to be seen as a big club, who can splash the cash, rather than being effective.

Even now, you see comments about West Ham signing X,Y or Z. Like who cares. We are in competition with ourselves. We should have a value for a player, if someone wants to pay more, let them.

I also think, we do need a bit of stability too. We cant just by from the German 2nd tier, until we have got ourselves secure, but moving forward its definitely a way to go.

Maybe not the reselling bit then.

Getting the Onana before hes valued at 35m was my over-riding point.

To put some balance, with the PL tax, we probably dont get him for 7m, we might have to pay 10m, maybe 12m, but the point stands.

He may have kicked on, but that feels the place we need to be searching a lot more from. Seen we were linked with a 20 year old from Chelsea, we need a lot more "unorthodox" signings.

To put some balance, with the PL tax, we probably dont get him for 7m, we might have to pay 10m, maybe 12m, but the point stands.

He may have kicked on, but that feels the place we need to be searching a lot more from. Seen we were linked with a 20 year old from Chelsea, we need a lot more "unorthodox" signings.
Yeah for sure, I was gonna say that, the Prem tax is real.

Even Championship players cost small fortunes these days.

Yeah for sure, I was gonna say that, the Prem tax is real.

Even Championship players cost small fortunes these days.

Of course it's real. The PL league is the big spend league that props up the rest of football.

European teams view us, how we view City or Newcastle. But there are still deals there.

But look at that.

Onana was bought for 5m last Summer, this Summer they are selling for 35m.

THATS what we really need to start doing.

The Onana who signed for Lille 12 months ago had only played one season in the 2. Bundesliga. Every transfer fee paid involves risk, but that risk multiplies when you start buying up players with no top flight experience. Especially if your priority is to improve your starting eleven.

The Onana who signed for Lille 12 months ago had only played one season in the 2. Bundesliga. Every transfer fee paid involves risk, but that risk multiplies when you start buying up players with no top flight experience. Especially if your priority is to improve your starting eleven.
Of course, if it was easy, everybody would do it.

Many frogs before the Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.