Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a welcome development if we are signing younger players that are vaguely known to some of us or aren't known at all. We need a complete reset with transfers now.

Thelwell in particular has to be allowed get on with his work. We have to rediscover the art of making profits on player trading down the line and also signing players on the up in their careers and well before their peak.

I wouldn't advocate a policy where you can't show any flexibility from that at all but as far as I'm concerned I want no more aging, past-it, injury-prone, slow has-beens on long contracts and completely unwarranted wages. I'd rather lose a good player on a free after three years than be handing out mega-contacts to Tosun and Co.

It's a huge market out there and we have to make scouting come into its own. We likely will
not be able to afford the domestic premium that comes with signing British players.

It will be a welcome development if we are signing younger players that are vaguely known to some of us or aren't known at all. We need a complete reset with transfers now.

Thelwell in particular has to be allowed get on with his work. We have to rediscover the art of making profits on player trading down the line and also signing players on the up in their careers and well before their peak.

I wouldn't advocate a policy where you can't show any flexibility from that at all but as far as I'm concerned I want no more aging, past-it, injury-prone, slow has-beens on long contracts and completely unwarranted wages. I'd rather lose a good player on a free after three years than be handing out mega-contacts to Tosun and Co.

It's a huge market out there and we have to make scouting come into its own. We likely will
not be able to afford the domestic premium that comes with signing British players.

I agree with much of this. I'd want to see a transfer window with a DOF stamp on it. I dont think we had that under Brands and honestly I dont think we have had that post Moshiri.

Spurs want him apparently tbh I am not arsed every player has his price especially when your 17th?!

The top teams who he'd leave for already have GKs as good as Pickford.

I can't see Spurs taking him. I know Lloris is getting on but i cant see Conte going for a small keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.