Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The boy Trafford is young, hard to rate Keepers at that age, I certainly wouldn't be spending 20m on him and replacing him with Pickford.

But let's see how he pans out.
The likes of him & Bazunu are both good talented keepers, but as you say, still very young!

Thrown into the Premier League far to quickly in my opinion. Pickford was playing for Bradford in league one & Ramsdale was playing league one with Wimbledon at that age! I cant speak for Ramsdlae as he has lost his plaace, but Pickford needed a good 3-4 years of Premier League experience before he became the keeper he is now. Even as late as 2018-2020ish as Englands number one, he had errors in him!

Zat's idea of beinging in a 10 year old keeper to replace our keeper is nuts

That's just not true!
Age caught up with him his last year, but he really took on the creative burden left by Arteta when he came back!
I'm being a bit harsh on him I know. His 1st season back he was great, but then he started picking up niggly injuries. Still one of my favourite players of recent years.

Desperately need Onana to have a boss Euros so we can get £40-50m~ for him.

Would mean we wouldn't have to bend over for clubs to sign Branthwaite.
I think he will be the 1 we sell pre 30th June.

If we do that it avoids any lingering doubts regarding future breaches.

Which means he would have to go in the next 2 weeks.

Im probably wrong, cos it seems a bit tight.

I think he will be the 1 we sell pre 30th June.

If we do that it avoids any lingering doubts regarding future breaches.

Which means he would have to go in the next 2 weeks.

Im probably wrong, cos it seems a bit tight.
I don't want to lose Branthwaite as he integral to our defensive prowess as good as onana has the potential to be we can play without him starting and it doesn't affect our quality. Also I have friends who are man united supporters and they are super obnoxious won't shut up about him so if we have to sell him city or a team outside the Premier league

I don't want to lose Branthwaite as he integral to our defensive prowess as good as onana has the potential to be we can play without him starting and it doesn't affect our quality. Also I have friends who are man united supporters and they are super obnoxious won't shut up about him so if we have to sell him city or a team outside the Premier league
I see Onana at Arse and Branners at United sadly.

DCL at Spurs.

This is what you think about all day? sounds depressing, bran cannot go united my one friend mocks me daily about united poaching him and they're not even in Europe lol
It WAS depressing, Everton honestly occupied every hour of my head, before that wonderful week in which we secured our Premier League survival.

Now im pretty chill, waiting for The Euros.

I cant control the Transfer window or the Takeover, so im not allowing them to break my Zen.

It WAS depressing, Everton honestly occupied every hour of my head, before that wonderful week in which we secured our Premier League survival.

Now im pretty chill, waiting for The Euros.

I cant control the Transfer window or the Takeover, so im not allowing them to break my Zen.
I think that's a healthy approach yeah definitely realizing you can't control situation initially creates anxiety but ultimately like where you're at helps you distance from the chaos and function as a human being . It's basically akin to watching a crap driver try to parallel park with little space outside your window in your house, something bad is probably going to happen but it's better to not mind it lol

Desperately need Onana to have a boss Euros so we can get £40-50m~ for him.

Would mean we wouldn't have to bend over for clubs to sign Branthwaite.
Problem is the Euros don't start til 14th June. He's gonna need to tear it up in the group stages to get us a big pay day in time.

Think for me would rather keep pickford then hope to develop Douglass Lukjanciks, pickford is still at a great age for a gk so would give us time, just dont see anything in trafford esp for the money he would cost

Thats my thinking too with the 16 year old replacing the 30 year old long term.

He's 16 mate? Even if Pickford plays till he's 35 here Lukjanciks will still only be 21 lol

I was lucky enough to see Donnarumma make his debut for Milan & De Gea when he joined United at 20.

Lets see how the boy gets on but he seems to be very highly rated and we need to see if he signs with us when he hits 17 in, i think...october.

Pickford joined us at 23 and could have played for us the season before as well.

Yeah can see virgina being the backup and the third gk will be crellin next season. The third gk spot will change with players leaving and will be promoted from the youth team.

I saw a couple of months ago that Virginia wants to move somewhere as 1st choice.

The likes of him & Bazunu are both good talented keepers, but as you say, still very young!

Thrown into the Premier League far to quickly in my opinion. Pickford was playing for Bradford in league one & Ramsdale was playing league one with Wimbledon at that age! I cant speak for Ramsdlae as he has lost his plaace, but Pickford needed a good 3-4 years of Premier League experience before he became the keeper he is now. Even as late as 2018-2020ish as Englands number one, he had errors in him!

Zat's idea of beinging in a 10 year old keeper to replace our keeper is nuts

Pickford joined us at 23 and could have played for us the season before as well at 22.

Verbruggen joined Brighton last summer and now has 5 Dutch caps.

Trafford at Burnley who took most of the season to begin playing...may well be falling short under Kompany as he looks a Dyche keeper to me. Tall, would come and claim balls but not going to be throwing out or kicking balls as a playmaker.

So that ONE YEAR age gap between Pickford being brilliant at Sunderland and these keepers today is barely worth noting.