Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It's going to be a grim window of sales & more sales with only loans and free transfers coming in, going to be tough for Dyche if the squad gets destroyed

We need a left back, Mykolenko is ok but have no cover at all in the position if he gets injured.
Think we should fill our first 11 holes before going for backups. Right back, Right wing, Attacking Midfield (can't stomach another season of Doucs being the only option), Center Back assuming Branth goes. Left back can wait.

We need a few players. We probably won't be getting a few players. I really hope we don't sell a big player and have the fee swallowed up. It would be an injustice to lose a player like Branthwaite and not be able to strengthen the team with the money we receive.

Cool a sensible Leeds fan on here...let's see how long that lasts. ;)

What's your thoughts on Harrison's future if you come back up?
I've never been a fan..Runs into cul de sacs. He polarises opinions among Leeds fans..Works hard, bit like Liam Cooper, just not good enough . When we built the team that won the league under Wilkinson and early OLeary the very top players are hard to criticise.
One of your ex players Olivier Dacourt was like the final piece in the jigsaw . For Olearys team. Gary MaAllister for Wilkinsons team . Virtually every signing Howard Wilkinson made was perfect. Speed and Batty coming through the youth ranks. I think all clubs are finding it tough to find these type of players apart from the usual suspects. You can keep Harrison.

You can have all the massive finace behind you does not mean you can spend it, you will be like us wolves ect will be a tough market for you if you come up.
I agree with that. My Newcastle mate said they have the same problem. We can generate decent commercial revenue through expanding the ground we have supposedly 24000 on season ticket waiting list and a decent fanbase around Britain and Europe that attend the home games when tickets are available. If we go up is the only way we can finance the ground expansion. Be my 4th play off final on Sunday starting in 1987 . This financially is the most important. The Championship isn't a bad league I think it's financing needs to be better. The PL is a victim of its own sucess where the clubs with the biggest wallets are dictating the top positions 9 times out of 10

Had anyone seen the 1980s film Major League?
It reads a lot like our business plan / transfer policy…

Rachel Phelps is the new owner of the Cleveland Indians baseball team. However, her plans for the team are rather nefarious. She wants to move the team to Miami for the warmer climate and a new stadium. To justify the move, the team has to lose, and lose badly. So she assembles the worst possible team she can. Among these are a past-his-prime catcher with bad knees, a shrewd but past-his-prime pitcher, a young tearaway pitcher (and felon) with a 100 mph fastball but absolutely no control, a third baseman who is too wealthy and precious to dive, a voodoo-loving slugger who can't hit a curve ball and an energetic-but-naive lead off hitter and base-stealer who can't keep the ball on the ground. Against the odds, and after the inevitable initial failures, they iron out some of their faults and start to win, much to Ms Phelps' consternation.
This guy here is dead