Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

IMG_9032.jpeg

You see I don’t think we could have possibly factored Branthwaite in as part of our financial planning for the year.

He could have easily sat on the bench for a year as a young developing player as opposed to being a generational talent, either way there is no way we factored in selling him for 10s of millions.

So we hit the jackpot. What ever our plan was I’d like us to show ambition and keep him. If that’s means selling DCL and Onana so be it.

Selling him is a lazy option and the fans of this club don’t deserve it. Youngsters deserve hope and a hero’s name to go in the back of their shirts.

No way I’m passively accepting it based on the above.
You think we have a financial plan? What is this sorcery you speak of?

One of our best premier league sides was built on loans, frees and modest buys.

You have to be savvy and have a bit of luck IMO but loaning another Lukaku, Geri and signing a Gareth Barry for free isn’t impossible.
I think getting those types is all but impossible we got them because we were the best of the rest and a very appealing prospect to join at the time which is not the case now. The Moyes model is the one they need to try and repeat - signing unheralded players on the cheap and getting the most out of average players already in the squad.