Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If only that was all it was about. We're losing players this summer who played a combined 164 games last season.

We need to add probably about 6 players minimum to the squad just to cover those leaving (Harrison, Danjuma, Gueye, Gomes, Coleman and Young).

As it stands we have only: McNeil, Onana, Garner and Doucoure as midfield and wide options for next season.

Gonna be a rotten Summer.

You really haven’t got a scooby doo.

I said we need to replace 6 players, didn’t say they need to be like for like.

You literally wrote it and i asked you to clarify it:

"6 players to cover those leaving", you wrote and proceeded to list the players you wanted to replace...you didnt mention Dele, Lonergan or others so I think its fair to assume you want to replace the below "like for like" as you wrote the below:

"We need to add probably about 6 players minimum to the squad just to cover those leaving (Harrison, Danjuma, Gueye, Gomes, Coleman and Young) "

I mean maybe i dont have a "scooby doo" what youre trying to say and thats fine...after my first two messages asking you to clarify its still unclear.

The sooner you guys learn to accept that the keeper who never plays, the constantly injured right back and the versatile 39 year old who can play anywhere on the pitch will be getting new 1 year deals purely for the sake that there is no sign on fee and the outlay is relatively cheap in comparison to replacing them and to make sure we have enough numbers for next season the better
Agreed spud, I said this in Gomes thread a while ago.

Decisions will be made that will make people fume.

"6 players to cover those leaving", you wrote and proceeded to list the players you wanted to replace...you didnt mention Dele, Lonergan or others so I think its fair to assume you want to replace the below "like for like" as you wrote the below:

"We need to add probably about 6 players minimum to the squad just to cover those leaving (Harrison, Danjuma, Gueye, Gomes, Coleman and Young) "

I mean maybe i dont have a "scooby doo" what youre trying to say and thats fine...after my first two messages asking you to clarify its still unclear.

What part of my post says I wanted us to sign multiple RB’s? I simply said we need to replace the players leaving.

Have no idea what the point in bringing up Dele and Lonergan has got to do with anything tbh

Because we should be looking to sell Maupay, along with one of Beto or DCL.

Chermiti either needs substantial game time in our first team next season or a loan to somewhere at a decent standard where he'll get 20 starts - much like Branthwaite did at PSV.
If we were in a better position, on and off the field, I might agree with you. But it would have to be a team around the standard of PSV, or we'd just be wasting his ability.
We're not in that position tho, and were not great when it comes to Loans ( Branthwaite is just a different kettle of finish )
So I'd rather see him stay and do it for us..

Because we should be looking to sell Maupay, along with one of Beto or DCL.

Chermiti either needs substantial game time in our first team next season or a loan to somewhere at a decent standard where he'll get 20 starts - much like Branthwaite did at PSV.

This selling Beto has me a bit bemused, we have agreed to pay 26 million for him over the next four years meaning we havent paid a cent for him yet, how much do you believe we will get, 15 - 20 million max given what I have seen or wish to see. It would be absolute mental to sell this guy and make a loss???

Our transfer budget is already depending on sales so where does this come from?

It doesn't matter how we look at it, it's a straight loss to the bottom line, and we don't have any money

Best we should really look for he a loan with a fee and paying all his wages.... good luck with that one!

Im confused. You want to replace these 6 players to "cover for them leaving" ?

Harrison = Right winger needed
Danjuma = Backup left winger needed
Gana = 3rd choice midfielder needed
Gomes = 4th choice midfielder needed
Coleman = Backup right back needed
Young = Backup right back needed

Is this correct?
You want to get rid of probably barring Pickford and Branthwaite our better players in Gana??, he will get a year's extension

What part of my post says I wanted us to sign multiple RB’s? I simply said we need to replace the players leaving.

Have no idea what the point in bringing up Dele and Lonergan has got to do with anything tbh

If I listed down DCL & Beto as players i wanted or expected to be leaving.

Then said we need to bring in new players to "cover for them leaving"...

Would you not assume I meant new centre forwards?

Dele & Lonergan I brought up because they are also out of contract but you didnt include them in your list. So i assumed you didnt think they were in need of replacing but the others were.

I dont see why we would need 6 players to replace the 6 you listed or even the 8 including the 2 others.

6 new players with only 8 leaving wouldnt make sense to me. Perhaps 6 if 12 leave.

You want to get rid of probably barring Pickford and Branthwaite our better players in Gana??, he will get a year's extension

Ive not written that. Try reading the message chain.

It seems to me that @LocalNative was referring to the six players that contributed to our season by either playing or by sitting on the bench.
There was no need to mention Dele who did not play one single minute all season.

If the six that were mentioned all leave then they have to be replaced and as we only had a squad of about fifteen players including that six we would need to add a further five or six players again to get the squad to 20 or 21 players.... we are not signing 10 or 11 new players and so a number of those mentioned will have to be retained.

This season too many players had to play every single game and at times it showed in their performances, we need bodies into the squad to allow the manager to rotate a little.

It seems to me that @LocalNative was referring to the six players that contributed to our season by either playing or by sitting on the bench.
There was no need to mention Dele who did not play one single minute all season.

If the six that were mentioned all leave then they have to be replaced and as we only had a squad of about fifteen players including that six we would need to add a further five or six players again to get the squad to 20 or 21 players.... we are not signing 10 or 11 new players and so a number of those mentioned will have to be retained.

This season too many players had to play every single game and at times it showed in their performances, we need bodies into the squad to allow the manager to rotate a little.

With just Holgate & Maupay back we'd have a squad of 26 players. "Losing" the 6 mentioned puts us onto 20 players.

17 players were used for 500+ league mins this season.

We certainly dont need to replace the 6 outgoing players mentioned numbers wise or position wise. We could actually bin off 14 players and 6-8 replacements would be more than enough.

I wouldn't put it past us trying to sign Martin Brathwaite. He's old and will be cheap or free this summer depending on whether Espanyol go up.