Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s up for debate, but I can think of 6 million reasons why they may. I wasn’t one for Dyche, but do you think 5 weeks ago he wouldn’t have walked away from Burnley if we’d have been serious??

Well yes but Moshiri played his usual game of window shopping didn’t he. It was the transfer window all over again pretending we’revgetting Koulibaly and then leaving it so late that only Ashley Williams would join. Moshiri is not a realist. He thinks a bit of cash will persuade CL managers to leave clubs mid season. He’s embarrassing and now has hopefully been taught a brutal lesson. He needs to get real and put the trainset away.

And we can carry on being one of the worst teams under Sam Allardyce too. At least we'll get to 40 points hey. Like pretty much any other decent manager would've got us too, including Koeman.

This club never changes. Failure after failure.

Give me 40 points right now because it looks like the most unlikely thing in the world at this point.

Said it til I'm blue in the face, but our fans need to seriously get real about our prospects THIS SEASON.

Well yes but Moshiri played his usual game of window shopping didn’t he. It was the transfer window all over again pretending we’revgetting Koulibaly and then leaving it so late that only Ashley Williams would join. Moshiri is not a realist. He thinks a bit of cash will persuade CL managers to leave clubs mid season. He’s embarrassing and now has hopefully been taught a brutal lesson. He needs to get real and put the trainset away.

That I fully agree with

What about the 2-3 seasons afterwards? And Sammy Lee?

Sorry but that's too much for me. I can't cope with that.

No idea about 2-3 seasons time mate, I've not even begun to think about it because we're at a crossroads right now. Whichever road we turn down, both lead to entirely different futures for this club. THIS SEASON is paramount. Forget about your "sleeping giant is awakening" and 60,000 seater stadiums and being the next Man City. Because if we get this season wrong, that's it.

Character building.
We are an utter joke. We are in November, having played 13 of 38 matches.

We hit the panic button now and appoint Fat Sam Allardyce and Fat Sammy Lee too by all accounts.

I’ve lived through some dark days as an Everton fan but today is the nadir so far, and I’ve been there and done that on Relegation Day too in the past. We are nowhere near that. If it was March, and we’d not reinforced in January and were still at the foot of the table, then fair enough, do whatever is needed to win games to survive. But we are nowhere near that point.

It absolutely stinks of utter incompetence.

I just can’t wrap my head around his massive head.

Allardyce has always been the equivalent of telling your kids they’ll go to prison if they’re bad

“Eat your tea or you’ll go prison”
“Tidy your room or you’ll go prison”

And

“We need to spend wisely or we’ll end up with Allardyce”
“If we’re not careful we’ll end up with Sam Allardyce as manager”

Make absolutely no mistake about it, we’re firmly going to prison with this appointment. We’re gonna be escaping last day again and we’re gonna be happy about it.

I feel sick

He’ll nose dive us into the relegation zone

He’ll spunk money on James Collins and tosh like that

We’ll then spend February onwards battling for our lives

He’ll get us out with about 3 games to go

And all his supporters will say ”told you so”, when in fact he’s the architect of the issue.

Everton is dead
Absolutely this!!

Any half competent manager would get us out, he nosed dived palace into an absolute mess and took credit for their survival.

He’s a fat beaut that’s suited to a team like yours. You’d literally been fighting relegation for years, Di Canio and The Dutch idiot even managed it

Don’t even compare the situations. He’s an awful manager
From a Palace fan on our forum yesterday

He did the same with us. Took over a team who were blowing out their arses after 50 mins, could score four goals away from home to conceed five in return and go home with 0 points to a team that was organised, knew what they were doing as a start and then within time playing decent attacking football. Both Pulis and Sam had us playing lovely football in contrast to their reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.