Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Celtic get 'champions' league money. Which is a distinct advantage.

Whenever Celtic get into the group stage of the Champions League it's a huge advantage over the other SPFL clubs. Obviously they don't get there every year, but when they do it's a massive advantage. The people who run the club can't guarantee that we'll get there any year, and it's getting made harder to get there, so have to run the club as a business, without relying on CL money. That's why I think Celtic want to sell one of their players, and Tierney is the one who will bring in the most cash. In my opinion, it will be Celtic pushing this, not Tierney.

Everton. effing tyre kickers.

Much talk of arrogant celtic fans on here in the last few days, what is the Everton manager ?
I'm not paying 25 Million for some unknown from Jockistan with a Wee bit of CL experience
No bother :thumbsup: we never wanted him to leave in the first place yah tight arse !

Shameful stuff, his sale will hit some of them quite hard.

You couldn't make this up. You complaining about other peoples arrogance. :D

I can't be bothered looking through another thread, could you give us a rough idea of what the "shameful stuff" is?

Whenever Celtic get into the group stage of the Champions League it's a huge advantage over the other SPFL clubs. Obviously they don't get there every year, but when they do it's a massive advantage. The people who run the club can't guarantee that we'll get there any year, and it's getting made harder to get there, so have to run the club as a business, without relying on CL money. That's why I think Celtic want to sell one of their players, and Tierney is the one who will bring in the most cash. In my opinion, it will be Celtic pushing this, not Tierney.

Your board will be slightly concerned about a few things. 1. Harder to reach group stages. 2. Rangers spending and will become more of a threat to the league. 3. Increased wage bill. It’s a catch 22 as you need to keep players happy as well as pay the going rate if you are to get into group stages. Failure in either not reaching groups or winning the league/cups is why the club are probably looking to sell Tierney.

You have to laugh really...can’t afford to spend 25 million on KT yet we can buy an English international full back in his prime. Not a chance in a million years we will be able to afford him plus he doesn’t want to leave London
Just posted on the transfer thread. I don’t reckon we are after Rose, like you said would cost a lot more, he’s 28? Has had a few injuries and levy would probably want 30+. Doesn’t fit the Brands model moving forward.

I’d rather give Robinson a chance as understudy to Baines rather than continuing to overspend on players like KT. May take a window or two but hopefully we won’t be such pushovers on prices and wages under Brand.
What about Tierney and Robinson as his understudy. Baines could well be off to the mls anyway.

I’d rather give Robinson a chance as understudy to Baines rather than continuing to overspend on players like KT. May take a window or two but hopefully we won’t be such pushovers on prices and wages under Brand.
25m is not an overspend on Tierney!!! Trust me the lad is an absolute gem of a player. 5

Your board will be slightly concerned about a few things. 1. Harder to reach group stages. 2. Rangers spending and will become more of a threat to the league. 3. Increased wage bill. It’s a catch 22 as you need to keep players happy as well as pay the going rate if you are to get into group stages. Failure in either not reaching groups or winning the league/cups is why the club are probably looking to sell Tierney.

At the moment, I would say the prospect of failure to reach the group stage of the Champions League would be a much bigger factor in Celtic wanting to sell players than the prospect of Rangers winning the league.

you would be correct,thanks

Like I said, I don't know much about Liverpool. How many times did Everton beat them during Rodger's time in charge at Anfield? Was it the majority of the games, or the minority? I know Everton don't have a great record against your local rivals. Did Everton even win one game while Rodgers was at Liverpool?

25m is not an overspend on Tierney!!! Trust me the lad is an absolute gem of a player. 5

If Tierney wasn't a tremendous player, Celtic supporters wouldn't be giving a money's toss about him leaving, especially for big money. if he does leave Celtic, the disappointment amongst our supporters will be an indication of his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.