Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she does the deals. Especially now Levy is stadium-focused.

But he's not the main man when it comes to running point on transfers. That's why he sought desperately to bring his Head of Recruitment and gives way to his scouts.

He loves the credit for all the good signings though. Little big head.
That sounds like the scouts are signing players. Why would he rely on them when it was Les Reed at Southampton who bought all the players?

This isn't making sense to me, especially when you consider his own words on the matter that he likes to explain the decisions he's reached regarding procurement.

No disrespect either but is 10 in a row much of an achievement considering there is no opposition.

9 in a row was achieved by our Lisbon Lions side who of course won the European Cup.

9 in a row was achieved by an EBT-ridden Rangers side and we stopped them doing so and it was one of the biggest days in our history.

10 in a row has never been done in our league so to be the first team to do it is pretty historic up here and trust me KT knows that.

That sounds like the scouts are signing players. Why would he rely on them when it was Les Reed at Southampton who bought all the players?

This isn't making sense to me, especially when you consider his own words on the matter that he likes to explain the decisions he's reached regarding procurement.

Every manager in world football bar a minor number rely on scouts D. A manager can have final say on whatever signings they want before they themselves or a higher up conducts a deal, the player still comes from a scout.

And it's not like Spurs have done what Leicester did in signing unknown gems. They've signed quite a number of known players that are currently some of their best.

He's a brilliant coach. One of the world's best but he's not a manager in the traditional sense.

9 in a row was achieved by our Lisbon Lions side who of course won the European Cup.

9 in a row was achieved by an EBT-ridden Rangers side and we stopped them doing so and it was one of the biggest days in our history.

10 in a row has never been done in our league so to be the first team to do it is pretty historic up here and trust me KT knows that.
If he's offered 4 times his wages to move do you think he will turn it down?

Lets be honest mate you'll still get 10 without him and I'm assuming he hasn't won all 9 so far or did he start playing when he was 14/15 in the 1st team?

I know its mostly banter about the Scottish league mixed with a bit of reality but 10 in a row is huge up here.
It's the reason the 'big name' Steven Gerrard has been rushed in the door to attract 'big players'. They're bricking it over us doing it.

I came on here because I respect Everton as a good, honest club and if KT were to move on I would rather him go to use than some no-name Southampton or West Brom mob before he got his eventual move to a top 4 side in England.

I'm sure KT will be delighted when Celtic win their 10th completely uncontested title but if the lad has any ambition he'll know that challenging for a top 6 place in the EPL is far more satisfying than strolling through win after win in a pub league. Also, Celtic may have promised him an increase in wages but it's still likely to be less than Everton can offer.

Lets be honest mate you'll still get 10 without him and I'm assuming he hasn't won all 9 so far or did he start playing when he was 14/15 in the 1st team?
He's helped them win the last 3. He's too young to even remember the last time Rangers put up any kind of competition for the title.

It's far less competitive now than it was in the Lions day and in the era of Rangers actually having a good side, it might be good for the record books but unless 2 of the next three seasons see the points difference come down, it's a hollow achievement

If he's offered 4 times his wages to move do you think he will turn it down?
I'm good mates with a boy who played through the ranks with KT at Celtic. He's genuinely living his dream at the moment.

Not to say he'll eventually move because he will it's impossible that he'll stay at us but he's not your Jesse Lingard type. He's low maintenance and he's living his dream right now. I see him going after we do 10.

He got a new agent after he signed a 6 year deal with us and I would be naïve to think that's not playing a huge part in this.

Too many to reply to but put it this way.

Lifelong Celtic fan. He has the chance to go down in the history books as the captain of the 10 in a row side.

He has said himself he sees himself being a one man club but even if he wanted that I think Celtic would boot him out the door for the money that would be offered.

I'm good mates with a boy who played through the ranks with KT at Celtic. He's genuinely living his dream at the moment.

Not to say he'll eventually move because he will it's impossible that he'll stay at us but he's not your Jesse Lingard type. He's low maintenance and he's living his dream right now. I see him going after we do 10.

He got a new agent after he signed a 6 year deal with us and I would be naïve to think that's not playing a huge part in this.

That new agent also works for an Everton player, we are led to believe mate.

Tainted * titles don't really count though,do they? So even in the unlikely event that you reach 10,it wont be the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.