Everton Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

devo85

Player Valuation: £950k
Iv'e noticed on here suggestions of how to incorporate some aspects of Goodison into the new stadium, such as a Leitch criss cross design on the faces of the upper balconies and giant St Ruperts Towers in each corners etc.
Whilst I can understand the need to retain the heritage of our great club I believe the stadium should reflect the future of the club and be a state of the art 21st Century river front showpiece.
I would humbly propose that the best solution would be to have a separate "state of the art" Everton Museum built to mirror and with the same materials as the stadium. There could be then many ideas to incorporate into the museum, for example it could be built on two floors with an open central atrium and on the first floor there could be a cafe/restaurant overlooking the river on one side and the stadium on the other. Guess what could be used as a 1st floor balcony facade?
Another Idea I thought of was instead of some Imitation style giant St Ruperts stadium towers that would look like some sort of Hogwarts theme park to passing cruise ship visitors why not get the real thing. Is it feasible to have the tower relocated to a museum block by block? I know it's grade 2 listed, but does that make it impossible? If it is, we could have a like by like stone replica made and restore it to it's original state which presumably meant it had barred windows and a thick bolted door. Either way, placed in the centre of an atrium as you walk in to the museum would make a fantastic photo opportunity for fans.
These are just a couple of ideas for the content of the museum and It would be interesting to see suggestions by forum members as to what could be included.

However I think the central idea that this club with all it's history needs a dedicated museum needs exploring.

Iv'e noticed on here suggestions of how to incorporate some aspects of Goodison into the new stadium, such as a Leitch criss cross design on the faces of the upper balconies and giant St Ruperts Towers in each corners etc.
Whilst I can understand the need to retain the heritage of our great club I believe the stadium should reflect the future of the club and be a state of the art 21st Century river front showpiece.
I would humbly propose that the best solution would be to have a separate "state of the art" Everton Museum built to mirror and with the same materials as the stadium. There could be then many ideas to incorporate into the museum, for example it could be built on two floors with an open central atrium and on the first floor there could be a cafe/restaurant overlooking the river on one side and the stadium on the other. Guess what could be used as a 1st floor balcony facade?
Another Idea I thought of was instead of some Imitation style giant St Ruperts stadium towers that would look like some sort of Hogwarts theme park to passing cruise ship visitors why not get the real thing. Is it feasible to have the tower relocated to a museum block by block? I know it's grade 2 listed, but does that make it impossible? If it is, we could have a like by like stone replica made and restore it to it's original state which presumably meant it had barred windows and a thick bolted door. Either way, placed in the centre of an atrium as you walk in to the museum would make a fantastic photo opportunity for fans.
These are just a couple of ideas for the content of the museum and It would be interesting to see suggestions by forum members as to what could be included.

However I think the central idea that this club with all it's history needs a dedicated museum needs exploring.

Good idea, perhaps make it into a sports museum, rather than just Everton, so that you get more tourist trade?

I recall it once being said that we have the most long dated memorabilia than any other British club. It was absolutely scandalous that the club never collected it all together or bought the France Collection outright. Of course we should have a museum in any new stadium.

Im not sure whether i read it right but there was talk of a music museum being located in the city,if that was incorparated with a sport/football one it would attract a lot of visitors

Without doubt,maybe incorperate all merseyside football
The David France collection is in itself a 'football collection'. Due to our absolutely-second-to-none history*, by recording and collections our history, it's inadvertently recorded a lot about other clubs too.

*our history is great, one of the best, it's time we stopped hiding it under a bushel - sometimes I feel some people are embarrassed that we've won things - we need to embrace it and add to it

The David France collection is in itself a 'football collection'. Due to our absolutely-second-to-none history*, by recording and collections our history, it's inadvertently recorded a lot about other clubs too.

*our history is great, one of the best, it's time we stopped hiding it under a bushel
Oh yes i agree with that but with having links to the other lot I thought it would be more an attraction,having been to a couple of exhibits at the museum the appeal is there

If the David France collection was to be housed in a dedicated place, it would dwarf the football museum in Manchester anyway. Then it would have a section for other clubs...... This guys collection is the biggest in the world.

Done right it would be a visitor attraction in it's own right and would compliment the stadium nicely. I think visiting away fans would find it interesting also.

Im not sure whether i read it right but there was talk of a music museum being located in the city,if that was incorparated with a sport/football one it would attract a lot of visitors

Might be more value in keeping them as separate attractions but work collaboratively to create a city pass that allows visitors into multiple venues throughout Liverpool.

Yeah i heard it was going in the Cunard Building? A lot of which is empty.

Be amazing to have a museum down at the Pier Head or at least the waterfront, be much better then having it at Goodison, lets be honest how many of us go to Walton apart from match day? Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with Walton but it just dosent have the footfall, you need passing trade that the City has for something like this to be viable.

Yeah i heard it was going in the Cunard Building? A lot of which is empty.

Be amazing to have a museum down at the Pier Head or at least the waterfront, be much better then having it at Goodison, lets be honest how many of us go to Walton apart from match day? Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with Walton but it just dosent have the footfall, you need passing trade that the City has for something like this to be viable.

Best football collection in the world at the Pier Head and a new stadium just up the road, what's not to like.

just how big in physical size is the collection I wonder. Can you view it online

Status
Not open for further replies.