Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit mad the Gana stuff , its not like he's out the picture at PSG he's played 20 games this season and only been out for 3 games through injury.

Would have him back in a heart beat tho.

They really haven't got much money (relatively speaking) compared to what they've had in the past.

They're pumping a hell of a lot into new deals for Neymar and Mbappe.

Bit mad the Gana stuff , its not like he's out the picture at PSG he's played 20 games this season and only been out for 3 games through injury.

Would have him back in a heart beat tho.
Id have thought our relations with psg should be decent with Carlo and the Kean deal, Gana had a great time here and might want to play under the Don.

I’d actually love Gana back even if it was just on loan. Between him, Allan and Doucoure we’d have 3 actual proper footballers for at least 2 if not 3 positions depending on how we play. Obviously don’t see it happening but if it was possible we should be all over it.

Because we have 7 central midfielders. Admittedly 5 of them are rubbish.

Thing is, it's a signing which, in theory, could improve our attack. Systems can be altered with just one player.

A signing like Gueye could

a) take the defensive strain off Doucoure, allowing him to push on and add more of an attacking threat
b) give freedom to Allan to go and fire fight
c) take the onus off Allan and Doucoure, so they don't have to play every minute
d) allow our full-backs or our one fb to push higher up the field without leaving us exposed at the back
e) be the end of Sigurdsson in that holding role and we know he compliments Gomes
f) give us proper time to get Gbamin fit

He knows the club and would fit straight in.

I know it's unlikely and, as I've said, the focus for me has to be on a forward, but there's definitely a lot of sense in a potential short-term loan, at the right price. We have a good relationship with PSG too.

Status
Not open for further replies.