Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing that's become clear, it's that United's cast-offs from the last decade are not the answer to top-flight problems. Keane's blossoming seems to be a notable (perhaps the only?) exception.

I doubt he will want a Bernard type contract or command a massive fee, he only has a few months left. 28 isn't old, its peak age. Also we went down the youth road with Kean and Carlo wouldn't play him. Also a King type offers options on wings or up front. Anyway I would guess we won't do anything unless we can move players on. But personally I think we are very light in forward areas and could fade away because of it.

He's 29 in a few days.
He'd just be another fresh addition to our deadwood collection.

If there's one thing that's become clear, it's that United's cast-offs from the last decade are not the answer to top-flight problems. Keane's blossoming seems to be a notable (perhaps the only?) exception.

Yes, but that is not the issue now. The challenge now is to sign an offensive player who is faster than the evolutionary process, and who can be back-up for DCL and Richarlison.

There are not many players available in January, at least not quality players. King is an alternative, the contract expires in the summer, and can be a relatively affordable alternative.

People moan about Josh King because he’s championship quality and we’d be wasting yet more money and wages on an average player that we can’t shift.

Just because he’s better than Tosun is not a reason to buy someone
Agreed. It could be a reason to loan someone to get us to summer, but not to go and stick a 3yr contract on the table.

He’s out of contract in the summer, Bournemouth ain’t loaning him out
I know... hence the 3 year contract comment! I’m saying ‘getting someone better than tosun’ is a good enough reason for us to go and get some striker cover on loan. It’s not a good enough reason to go and get someone abs tie them down to a lengthy contract, just because they’re better than Tosun.

I didn’t say we shouldn’t loan Josh King.

I know... hence the 3 year contract comment! I’m saying ‘getting someone better than tosun’ is a good enough reason for us to go and get some striker cover on loan. It’s not a good enough reason to go and get someone abs tie them down to a lengthy contract, just because they’re better than Tosun.

I didn’t say we shouldn’t loan Josh King.
It’s who’s available I suppose. King while no world Beater would definitely be a better option than Bernard or Gordon.

I said before that we need a player of a similar level to Richarlison/James to come in when they aren’t performing or come off the bench, same with DCL. But at the moment getting that level of player to play 2nd fiddle isn’t easy.

It’s catch 22 King isn’t good enough to push us towards the top 4, but until we get there we will struggle to get the quality squad required.

A loan if we can get it would be preferable of course again I was just putting out the reasons why King would be a decent option. Say we move JJK, Bernard and maybe Tosun and bring King in we are probably better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.