Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
People moan about Josh King as a link but he would give us cover in a way Tosun doesn't. I would prefer a younger option but he has a decent track record in the EPL and would be available at a knock down fee.
People moan about Josh King because he’s championship quality and we’d be wasting yet more money and wages on an average player that we can’t shift.

Just because he’s better than Tosun is not a reason to buy someone

People moan about Josh King because he’s championship quality and we’d be wasting yet more money and wages on an average player that we can’t shift.

Just because he’s better than Tosun is not a reason to buy someone
He isn't my ideal either I would prefer a Bailey type I just can't see us spending that in January. But I am saying why he might be a wise purchase at this time also he is versatile and look at his record he is a one in three man could be useful.

He isn't my ideal either I would prefer a Bailey type I just can't see us spending that in January. But I am saying why he might be a wise purchase at this time also he is versatile and look at his record he is a one in three man could be useful.
Hes 28 so will want a ridiculous contract, as it’ll be his last chance at a big pay day and there lies the problem. We’ll have another below quality player sitting on the bench and draining resources. If main targets aren’t available in January then I’m happy to wait personally

Hes 28 so will want a ridiculous contract, as it’ll be his last chance at a big pay day and there lies the problem. We’ll have another below quality player sitting on the bench and draining resources. If main targets aren’t available in January then I’m happy to wait personally
I doubt he will want a Bernard type contract or command a massive fee, he only has a few months left. 28 isn't old, its peak age. Also we went down the youth road with Kean and Carlo wouldn't play him. Also a King type offers options on wings or up front. Anyway I would guess we won't do anything unless we can move players on. But personally I think we are very light in forward areas and could fade away because of it.

Pretty much this, short term you get a bit of a lift (depending on the player) then after the initial honeymoon period we are all on here moaning that they are crap and a drain on the wage structure.

If someone quality is available (due to contract running down / fall out with manager / whatever) and they will improve us, it could be the difference in getting into Europe or not, in which case, if we can afford it then get them bought. But just buying an average overpriced player as a future bench warmer serves no purpose.

I understand the concern regarding signing a 28-year-old player, who has a falling curve and has been frequently injured recently. But he is not championship quality, he is better than that.

Physically he is a beast, and in his best days he can make life difficult for all teams. He is also relatively good with the ball. In addition, he can play in several positions offensively. He has a couple of good years left, and signing him will strengthen the squad.

It is possible there are better alternatives out there, but we need players who can fill the role of DCL and Richarlison if they are injured / suspended. King can definitely do a great job.

I think he's worth the chance.

Apparently West ham have been offered patson daka for £25 million.....he's basically haalands replacement at rb salzburg for those that haven't heard of him. Ive only seen him play a few times but at £25 million I wouldnt mind him at Everton. He's very fast and can finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.