Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do agree to sell Kean will it mean we get in a replacement straight away?
And if so, who will that be? Any ideas?

Given that I don't play Fifa or FM and only watch Everton - who can we realistically sign who is a pacey, versatile forward who can play across the front 3??? Because that is what we need.

Also, any right backs viable or is that likely a summer move?

Given that I don't play Fifa or FM and only watch Everton - who can we realistically sign who is a pacey, versatile forward who can play across the front 3??? Because that is what we need.

Also, any right backs viable or is that likely a summer move?

Bailey (Leverkusen) is probably ideal in terms of age and profile. Wicked left foot, plenty of pace and really seems to have built up over the last few months. However he's flying atm for a very exciting Leverkusen team. The deal could have been done in the summer for much less than it would cost right now - that being said, he was poor last year and at the time I myself had doubts he'd fit what we needed as he usually played on the left. However, he's played central or off the right a lot more this season.

Zaha would be my 'instant impact' choice but doubt it'll happen for a variety of reasons.

Ocampos another possibility but again, doubtful.

There's definitely options, up to Brands and the team to find them and move for them.

Right-back - Dumfries from PSV would be my choice. Strong, powerful runner and he's played internationally and in Europe.

But think any right-back move would be in the summer.

If we do agree to sell Kean will it mean we get in a replacement straight away?
And if so, who will that be? Any ideas?

Well I mean we loaned him and Walcott out and left our forward options as DCL, Rich and Tosun (spread across two positions) so not sure selling him would definitely mean we replaced him right now (it should do, though - maybe if the money came in it would let us go and get that forward in).

How viable would Eriksen be?

well we'd definitely have to pay his wages

quality player but has been poor for over a year now and again, is he the quick player that we need?

Could come in as that third midfielder but he's definitely not a ball-carrier - it's all about his range of passing.

That could help Doucoure push on and do the off the ball work but still leaves us with the issue of not having someone to get on the ball and run with it from deep.

Allan can do the odd surge but that opens up a gap which Doucoure would need to plug.

Think we have the better version of Eriksen in James.

well we'd definitely have to pay his wages

quality player but has been poor for over a year now and again, is he the quick player that we need?

Could come in as that third midfielder but he's definitely not a ball-carrier - it's all about his range of passing.

That could help Doucoure push on and do the off the ball work but still leaves us with the issue of not having someone to get on the ball and run with it from deep.

Allan can do the odd surge but that opens up a gap which Doucoure would need to plug.

Think we have the better version of Eriksen in James.

mid question Eriksen’s motivation to play for us when he got fed up at Spurs and never got going at Inter. Coupled with the huge wage Bill, just can’t see it.

Possibly where the Echo is picking up the no moves for Khedira from. Excerpts from an interview Ancelotti did with Italian radio.

Gana plays like 18 games this season. Not a exactly a player they want rid other than some poo stories made up by someone.
agree lots of rubbish flouting around about him, I suggested this as he is still playing well this season in a position we need. PSG wouldn't want rid of him but that where Brands needs to work his magic.

Possibly where the Echo is picking up the no moves for Khedira from. Excerpts from an interview Ancelotti did with Italian radio.
One thing I have learnt from Carlo - take absolute nothing from his interviews.

He said James was out for West Ham, on the bench. He said we were done with transfers, went and got Godfrey. Denied interest in James.

He does not give the media anything and if anything he uses it actively to put people off the scent.

That's not to doubt what he has said about Khedira, but I don't think it is wise to take any cues from Carlo's media performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.