Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand what you're saying, but parking the bus under Mourinho's tenure in utd or not knowing what to play at all under OGS (like most of the utd players) hardly plays to his strengths. His time at Juve was borderline amazing and he always produces for the French NT. But there's a clear system at work in those teams. Can draw a parallel with most of Everton players this year under Ancelotti compared to managers before him. Even the guys you rightfully loathe are starting to turn up for the games now that their role is clearly defined and they finally have a system in place that plays to their strengths instead of dreams of the manager.

Also, I strongly disagree on United being in the conversation for the biggest club in the world.
He's been there what 3/4 years now though, how long can you blame managers for? He's just not as good as he thinks he is

United are right up there this season if they win the game in hand, and pogba doesn't start most weeks, you look at that Bruno Fernandes he came in a year ago and smashed it straight away, constant every week always gives 100% that's a propa player.

United if not the biggest they are 100% top 3 biggest clubs.

Tried my hand at scouting a RB on transfermrkt.. came down to Emerson, Aarons and mukiele ... I like the height Holgate gives us at RB and it’s a real strength .. so for that Mukiele ticks that box... Aarons isn’t the tallest but isn’t too short.. no idea honestly about any of them in reality.. so I’ll just leave it there

reason I’m not keen on Lamptey.. I feel it’s going to undermine his defensive ability in the long run.

Got to be Emerson, failing that then Aarons

He's been there what 3/4 years now though, how long can you blame managers for? He's just not as good as he thinks he is

United are right up there this season if they win the game in hand, and pogba doesn't start most weeks, you look at that Bruno Fernandes he came in a year ago and smashed it straight away, constant every week always gives 100% that's a propa player.

United if not the biggest they are 100% top 3 biggest clubs.
Wait till bruno's enthusiasm drops off after couple more months under Ole. I mean, united are playing HORRIBLE. I've no idea how they're racking up points. I mean, pens after final whistle do help, but still...

No they're not. Real, Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern are top 5 without any doubt for me.

Think there's too much hype around united and Fergie. While the domestic record is great, 2 CLs in almost 30 years at United is kinda not that big of an achievement given the talent he had at his disposal.

Wait till bruno's enthusiasm drops off after couple more months under Ole. I mean, united are playing HORRIBLE. I've no idea how they're racking up points. I mean, pens after final whistle do help, but still...

No they're not. Real, Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern are top 5 without any doubt for me.

Think there's too much hype around united and Fergie. While the domestic record is great, 2 CLs in almost 30 years at United is kinda not that big of an achievement given the talent he had at his disposal.
Being the world's best football club and world biggest club are two completely different things mate, United are 1million% in the top 3.

His enthusiasm might indeed run out, doesn't alter the fact he's done more on the pitch in 1 year than pogba has done in 4.

Being the world's best football club and world biggest club are two completely different things mate, United are 1million% in the top 3.

His enthusiasm might indeed run out, doesn't alter the fact he's done more on the pitch in 1 year than pogba has done in 4.
Well, imo, all the clubs I mentioned have as big of a history as United. It's only the European trophies setting them apart in my mind.

But I do agree that biggest and best are completely different things.

Probably more one for the summer but Nicolas De La Cruz of River Plate looks a good player.
Maybe we could get Khedira on loan for just 6 months then go for him as long term CDM?
Milik in January would be a good move too because DCL could easily tire or get injured and our other options aren't great for there, unless we moved Richarlison across to CF and got in a LW.

Got to be Emerson, failing that then Aarons
Thankyou.

Barca got a new fullback in the last window IIRC, which means Emerson is likely going to be surplus to their requirements. I'd expect him to be about hlf the price of Aarons, maybe even less.

Even if Aarons is 10% a better player (which I don't think he is by the way), its the smart move to go for Emerson (unless he has some personality defect).

Would only sign Khedira on loan, and wouldn't include an option or obligation on that loan.

He is fine to provide know-how and cover for a couple of months, but we cannot make this type of signing to fit in with any medium or long-term strategy, and the problem is if he does well, there is invariably pressure on then to do a permanent deal. Any long-term commitment on the wages he would command would make no sense at all.

Add him for a few months if necessary, and then look elsewhere in the summer.

Will sound a bit mad but Isco and Sami K would be my targets, huge name players with massive wealth of experience and are WINNERS this is our best chance since Moyes to get top 4, an getting 2 winners to add to James and Allan will really shift the squad mentality, Bolasie can sign for a new club in Jan so use some of his wages for them. Try and get Southampton to buy Walcott off us.
Sounds a bit mad really
It is a bit mad tbh. Soton will not buy Walcott from us - his contract is coming up. Isco I don't think is what we need - yes his creative abilities would be amazing but he's not mobile enough. We would have both James and Isco that are not the most mobile. We need a player who can give us a bit of both. Like a real upgrade on Doucoure - box to box but with more creative ability. If Jovic is up for a move, that's who we should aim for.

That's increasingly less true after a decade of malaise. If we're counting fans by way of social media, United is a distant third behind Real and Barca, and slightly ahead of Chelsea. Revenue was comfortably third going into 2020, and I would guess they need the gate less than, say, Barca.

The impending financial collapse of Barca is more likely to help keep United in the top 3 going forward than anything else.

OT: I would be a lot less interested in Isco and not really interested in Khedira at all, given that we seem to have stitched something resembling a midfield together and have to be skint at this point. It seems like the last thing we need to be doing is spending on older, slower players right now. As with Alli, if you can loan them for six months then sure, but I don't know how realistic that is.

That's increasingly less true after a decade of malaise. If we're counting fans by way of social media, United is a distant third behind Real and Barca, and slightly ahead of Chelsea. Revenue was comfortably third going into 2020, and I would guess they need the gate less than, say, Barca.

The impending financial collapse of Barca is more likely to help keep United in the top 3 going forward than anything else.

OT: I would be a lot less interested in Isco and not really interested in Khedira at all, given that we seem to have stitched something resembling a midfield together and have to be skint at this point. It seems like the last thing we need to be doing is spending on older, slower players right now. As with Alli, if you can loan them for six months then sure, but I don't know how realistic that is.

So your saying it's less true they are top 3 biggest clubs in the world

Then say they are top 3 in terms of both revenue and fans?

Really want harvey barnes at Everton. 23. Team player. Intelligent. Technically sound. Scores goals.
They do one big sell every other season.
Get in there and bag this little gem.

So your saying it's less true they are top 3 biggest clubs in the world

Then say they are top 3 in terms of both revenue and fans?

I'm saying that they're currently third and generally trending downward, which is not exactly "1 million% in the top 3". Still top 3 by the usual measures, yes, but less solidly than they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.