Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out wide we have Gordon, Townsend, Richy, Gray mate not counting the rubbish. So not the same at all.

Up front we have DCL whose missed 4 months and looks like it now too and who with a musculature injury is a risk of it going again anytime, past him we have Richy who in that role has never convinced in anything but a one off performance.

DCL goes down you feel any degree of confidence in us scoring goals ?
If DCL gets injured then Richy can go upfront and we have more options to replace him which we didn’t have before. It isn’t just about the starting 11, we literally never have any options from the bench.

Ali is not a striker nor a wide player. Lampard like a 4-3-3 with one midfielder shielding the back four.
So yes VDB and Alli could play together with 1 defensive midfielder. However Allan is not cut out to do that and Doucoure is at his best as a box to box midfielder. So it makes no sense at all
Pretty sure when Ali was at his best, he was uptop with Kane. Pretty much like Son is now.
For me he is 2nd striker, A Cahill or even Lampard type.
I remember seeing a heat map from his couple of decent seasons at Spurs. He seemed to be somebody who was around and about the left hand side of the box.

If DCL gets injured then Richy can go upfront and we have more options to replace him which we didn’t have before. It isn’t just about the starting 11, we literally never have any options from the bench.
The thing is, Richarlison is in the team anyway so if he moves up front and we replace him with Townsend or whoever we still lose that goal threat. We've needed a good second striking option for as long as I can remember but it's like everyone's just got so used to us never having one that they've forgotten it's actually a pretty major thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.