Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
….every player is brought in to be effective in the first team. He’s only just arrived and you say ‘we’re open to offers’ for him, which underlines what a gaff it was from Benitez. Don’t expect a queue knocking on our door wanting him.
Said it before and I'll say it again:

Letting Josh King leave on a free less than six months after we paid £5m (ish) for him, only to then immediately bring in Rondon on a free... Idiocy.

Any significant transfer activity in this upcoming window (and by significant, I mean the type that might impact the first team squad) is surely going to be entirely dependent on the extent to which the payroll has been trimmed by shifting large volumes of dead wood in the summer. Did the departures of Bernard, Besic, Bolasie and so forth manage to shave enough off of the wage bill that we are no longer running at a financial loss?

In an ideal world our balance sheet will have improved slightly since the summer. What I mean is that the debt, which is obviously still going to be there, is hopefully smaller than it was before because we aren't running at a loss.

I hope we can somehow see a new RB arrive (either of the two Scottish lads?) and a loan in CM (Knight from Derby?), but anything more than that will hinge on MORE departures... If only we could actually sell someone at a modest profit - Gomes, Kenny, Tosun, ANYONE.

Said it before and I'll say it again:

Letting Josh King leave on a free less than six months after we paid £5m (ish) for him, only to then immediately bring in Rondon on a free... Idiocy.
Did we actually pay money for king? Thought he was a feee, mad if so

We have effectively replaced Kean, King, Gylfi, James and Bernard with Townsend, Gray, Gordon, Rondon and Tosun.

Anyone think that is an improvement?

Gray is definitely an improvement, can’t count Gordon because he was here last season but yes he’s been an improvement on someone like Bernard. In terms of ability obviously James is better than everyone else named above, but he was never staying at the club and we weren’t likely to get someone on his level to replace him with a budget of a packet of Space Raiders. Rondon is a downgrade from King. Overall I think we’re in exactly the same position.

We have effectively replaced Kean, King, Gylfi, James and Bernard with Townsend, Gray, Gordon, Rondon and Tosun.

Anyone think that is an improvement?
Townsend is an upgrade on Bernard.
Gray is an upgrade on Bernard.
Gordon is an upgrade on Bernard.
Gray playing at 10 is an upgrade on Gylfi.

Rondon and Tosun can jump into the nearest volcano for all I care, they're both terrible.

James was never going to stay the moment Ancelotti left so there's not much mileage in that discussion.

We also have to acknowledge the financial position. Kean HAD to leave because we needed the money... Gray and Townsend have already justified the tiny transfer outlay IMHO.

Any significant transfer activity in this upcoming window (and by significant, I mean the type that might impact the first team squad) is surely going to be entirely dependent on the extent to which the payroll has been trimmed by shifting large volumes of dead wood in the summer. Did the departures of Bernard, Besic, Bolasie and so forth manage to shave enough off of the wage bill that we are no longer running at a financial loss?

In an ideal world our balance sheet will have improved slightly since the summer. What I mean is that the debt, which is obviously still going to be there, is hopefully smaller than it was before because we aren't running at a loss.

I hope we can somehow see a new RB arrive (either of the two Scottish lads?) and a loan in CM (Knight from Derby?), but anything more than that will hinge on MORE departures... If only we could actually sell someone at a modest profit - Gomes, Kenny, Tosun, ANYONE.
realistically i can see going OUT:
*Tosun leaving for Besiktas (just to get his wages off, dont expect a fee of note)
*A few loans like Branthwaite and/or Simms
*We could be trying to get rid off the likes of Holgate and Gbamin, but depends too i guess if we can replace them. Both seem not rated by Benitez

Hope we can bring in a few decent ones in the areas where it us clear we need more quality or strenght in depth

But if you just simply posted "there's an article out today saying we are interested in (insert name)" then it would come across far better than the way you've posted for months on end and get pulled up on it as it looks like you try to pass it off as some kind of insider knowledge.

Your posts would be a lot more appreciated then as people would say "nice one for scouring the Web for the latest Everton news and posting it..that Theoneandonly person who we all thought was Benitez's mum/sister/neighbour/vicar is alright after all"
Spot on mate , the tenor of his posts is that he has a direct line to Benitez and that he is sharing crumbs of information that he has gathered up from the big guys table.

There'll be no business done in January unless it's loans coming in and one or more departures.
We have literally no wriggle room in the accounts.
We are in serious danger of breaching rule son STCC/FFP etc and that could result in major fines or even a points deduction... which we can ill afford !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.