Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think there might be a player there (I’m talking about Alli), a big chance he will come good again considering his age. Maybe just needs a change of scenery.
I can’t think of many promising players who have fallen off and made a triumphant return. Arteta and Pienaar were arguably cases but neither of their declines were as pronounced as Alli’s.

It’d be nice for him if he rediscovered his form but honestly I can’t see it.

I could be completely off, but I think El Ghazi is being considered because Richarlison is off this summer. That would leave us Gray/El Ghazi on the left and Gordon/Townsend on the right (gordon/Gray can play either side really - so can El Ghazi). My guess is between the stadium, FFP and our lack of ability to attract top talent a direct replacement for Richy may not be on the cards. Especially when the midfield and central defense need so much work and we still need a striker.

Brennan Johnson fills the same gap (and would be my choice) but i think we are having to be quite creative financially...
Weren’t selling Richarlison and potentially making a 60mil profit. Add in fringe playes and kean and Mina. And you could be talking 130mil add another 30mil for the 4 players out of contract. A wage bill lowered by probably 50mil and you think who ever the manager is, is going to accept players like El Ghazi.

No point in selling Richarlison if that’s the case. You sell to reset. And his profit allowing to spend and maybe help the balance sheet.

The end of the day, I’m no expert, maybe somebody else can explain how the rules work and do we need to raise a 100mil and not spend a penny to get out of trouble. Or after a few years of limited spending or spending what you’ve brought in. Does that re-set after a year or two.

Rafael has always said the owners. Or the other week he called them the owner and sponsor. That they are ambitious and still want to spend and support him in the market.

Suppose Villa can see an opportunity for Europe and going for it - still, they are some way off 7th !

In fact, if we scrape a win at Norwich, we'd be level on points - which seems incredible.

Suppose Villa can see an opportunity for Europe and going for it - still, they are some way off 7th !

In fact, if we scrape a win at Norwich, we'd be level on points - which seems incredible.

Yeah they’re really not having a good season at all, lost 11 of their 19 games. They’d probably need to go unbeaten for the rest of the season to even have a sniff of 7th. Weird the fetishisation of them on here.

Yeah they’re really not having a good season at all, lost 11 of their 19 games. They’d probably need to go unbeaten for the rest of the season to even have a sniff of 7th. Weird the fetishisation of them on here.
Wasn't everyone praising their recruitment last season as well....didn't seem to get them very far

It’s unbelievable that Matt Jones from the blueroom tweeting they’re miles ahead of us now. Ok we all know as a fan base we’re in a bit of turmoil because of the manager situation. That doesn’t mean we have a poor team, in fact our best 11, if we can every get in on the field, Is better than villas and definitely would be in the mix for top 8.

I’ve read in the last few days, we’re miles behind now, villa, palace, Brighton and wolves.
Unbelievable the bed wetting from some of our fans

I mentioned this yesterday . Listened to a pod last week, can’t remember the name, but maybe was from
The. Athletic and 3/4 journalists. They mentioned about Villa getting top 6/7 this season. Lol lol. If dean smith was still manager they wouldn’t even mention villa.

They may as well said we couid get top 6/7

Status
Not open for further replies.