Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is I don’t think we could afford the fee for Lingard in January, although I’d probably take him over Ramsey based on his form for WHU last season. Either would be a gamble though.
I doubt anybody pays a fee for him in January, maybe Newcastle. We won’t when he’s free a few months later. I think lingard would want a longer deal. And for me Ramsey is a better player.

This has been talked about a lot recently. And from clubs and agents. A lot more players will start to run contracts down and probably take shorter deals. That’s the problem with Mina, if we do t offer him a new deal, I think we will struggle to sell next summer when he has a year left. His agent will already be in contact with clubs. And he can sign a pre contract in the January.

I doubt anybody pays a fee for him in January, maybe Newcastle. We won’t when he’s free a few months later. I think lingard would want a longer deal. And for me Ramsey is a better player.

This has been talked about a lot recently. And from clubs and agents. A lot more players will start to run contracts down and probably take shorter deals. That’s the problem with Mina, if we do t offer him a new deal, I think we will struggle to sell next summer when he has a year left. His agent will already be in contact with clubs. And he can sign a pre contract in the January.
I’d take another season of Mina and let him go when he’s out of contract. We certainly need him and it gives us time to sort out a new CB for when, hopefully, we have a bit of room to spend.

Not convinced about either Lingard or Ramsey but we definitely need some more creativity and we can’t afford to be choosey given current financial constraints.

I’d take another season of Mina and let him go when he’s out of contract. We certainly need him and it gives us time to sort out a new CB for when, hopefully, we have a bit of room to spend.

Not convinced about either Lingard or Ramsey but we definitely need some more creativity and we can’t afford to be choosey given current financial constraints.
We may like I’ve said have our hand forced by Mina and his agent. But the club wouid ne mental not trying to sort either a new deal or sell him for a fee.

We know he has a few Fitness issues , but at his peak he’s a top class CB and still only 27

We may like I’ve said have our hand forced by Mina and his agent. But the club wouid ne mental not trying to sort either a new deal or sell him for a fee.

We know he has a few Fitness issues , but at his peak he’s a top class CB and still only 27

I get the feeling he wants to go to either Spain or Italy and that Rafael would be more than happy for that to happen if we got somebody like Souttar in.

Even if he's free, it would be a bad move

He's going to want £100k plus per week, given he's earning well in excess of that at Juve and if he comes here on a 3 or 4 year deal or whatever, we are going to be in a position where if he stinks the gaff out or spends most of the time out injured (with his track record, that's quite likely) he would be yet another ageing, highly-paid player on our books who we can't get rid of because nobody will pay them the same sort of money

We have to stop doing this sort of thing
Exactly, you’d really hope we’ve learned our lesson about these types of signings.

How’s that Dumfries guy doing we were so keen on in the summer?

Flopped. Rumoured that they want to send him on loan in Jan in the hope he shows something.

As Rafael said we have to get creative with the limited budget we have in place.

We need more depth in the squad.

A half injured Ramsey is still better than a Tom Davies and Gbamin.

As has shown, an injury to Allan or Doucoure and we're screwed.

It would be complete insanity to sign Ramsay.

I do think he wants a number 10 or a more attacking minded midfielder, who can score a create in a 4141 formation.

If money is tight we may need to look at this type of signing in one or two areas. We did it with Townsend who’s only 6 months younger. Admittedly, hadn’t had the injuries Ramsey has. But Ramsey is a better player.

This is the problem you have appointing Rafael. He has a small window to get this right, or at least get us moving in the right direction. So do you get a 20yr old from abroad who may take a year to settle. Or do you get a Ramsey or Lingard
I think you may find that Ramsey would cost more than double in wages than Townsend did. We really need to stop paying veteran players huge wages in the twilight of their careers. They might be ok or they might be mostly injured, in any case, in our financial position, we can’t afford to take the chance.

rumours we are in for Lorenzo Insigne. I am guessing this is because he is on a free in the summer, he is at Napoli so there is a link to Benitez. This report saying he wants 125,000 euros a week after tax and 7m euros signing on fee.
Hes 30 years old, generally plays as a left winger sometimes as a second striker. I think he is most likely to sign for Inter or Juve in Italy

I feel like we get linked with Ross Barkley every season. Linked with a move on loan, he has only played twice this season at Chelsea. I think on loan wouldn't be terrible, would give us another option, its just his decision making and final ball for me that lets him down. But we know Benitez has been a fan of his for a long time.

article-2444274-1884C3C600000578-47_306x463.jpg

https://www.[Publication is blackli...y-loan-deal-with-buy-option-for-ross-barkley/

I feel like we get linked with Ross Barkley every season. Linked with a move on loan, he has only played twice this season at Chelsea. I think on loan wouldn't be terrible, would give us another option, its just his decision making and final ball for me that lets him down. But we know Benitez has been a fan of his for a long time.

View attachment 145377

https://www.[Publication is blackli...y-loan-deal-with-buy-option-for-ross-barkley/
I know a lot of people would not agree with me but I would have no objections to signing Ross Barclay again on loan, would add something to our midfield.

I think you may find that Ramsey would cost more than double in wages than Townsend did. We really need to stop paying veteran players huge wages in the twilight of their careers. They might be ok or they might be mostly injured, in any case, in our financial position, we can’t afford to take the chance.
That’s all great and I’d agree, but if you are struggling to pay fee’s and need 5/6 players. Unfortunately we may have to take the odd gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.