Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Simms or Dobbin step up and get ahead of him in the pecking order great but Rondon is definitely here until summer 2023. He will be at least on the bench for every game he is available (I won't say fit this season). If it goes back down to 7 subs next season he won't make the bench if it all went to plan. I just think another out and out ST is low in the priority list.
The sad thing is I think he is fit now,or as match ready as he'll ever be,still it's only money.

The sad thing is I think he is fit now,or as match ready as he'll ever be,still it's only money.

Should have got a 1+1 at most. It would have incentivised him to try a bit harder this season to get the extra year. He's all but finished now there is surely no chance of him being any good for a 3rd year so he probably won't try that hard next year either.

I don’t know how you wouldn’t pay him sub judicie , presumption of innocence all that even if subsequently someone is charged . Look at the outrage you get for mp’s , judges , coppers all paid throughout investigations. I also don’t know how you’d get any kind of insurance for something like this , I think we have to assume we’re paying wages and are likely to be doing so for some time .
Probably give him a new contract

Sigh.

Yes mate, I am aware of that.

The point is, the Club had other options available to them (admittedly unpalatable ones) thus rendering the suspension one of CHOICE. Therefore the CLUB has made him unavailable, therefore no basis to deny him his wage on account of being unavailable.

As before, I think the Club made the right call. However at this precise moment it is hard to see a normal legal basis for refusing to pay him. It would take a specific clause in his contract to provide for this scenario, and I don't see many agents accepting such a clause in the first place - too open to abuse.

I'm sure you've had contracts of employment before, there will be terms set out for every player which gives the club the right to enforce suspension within that. It's not for agents to negotiate. Would be shocked if he's getting full pay right now.

I'm sure you've had contracts of employment before, there will be terms set out for every player which gives the club the right to enforce suspension within that. It's not for agents to negotiate. Would be shocked if he's getting full pay right now.
Obviously we can't discuss it in detail,but unlike a certain Man City player he's available to train and play,the club made a decision that I doubt is covered in any contract.

He is nowhere near match fit. No pre season. He is a month away from match fitness, and to be honest a longer for the conditioning and weight loss that need to happen to be properly sharp.

Hopefully we can get the rest of the deadwood out in January like Tosun, Kenny, Davies and finally we can see Gordon, Simms and Onyango (when back to fitness) added to the squad.

Branthwaite will hopefully sign an contract extension and go back out on loan in January.

Delph will hang around like a bad smell until the end of his contract like the prick he is.

Still no update over Sigurdsson so no transfer out and he'll be a gone on a free at the end of the season.

In January, if we can add a first team right back and try and get Diaz (longshot) from Porto and finalise Mina's new contract, it would be excellent.

Two completely different things. PL match fitness is a long way from training on your own.
The ability to run for sustained periods during a 90 min game should be a given
Granted match sharpness takes time but any professional footballer who is not coming back from an injury should have a basic level of cardio fitness
Rondon does not have that

Status
Not open for further replies.