Everton has always been part of my life....... but not all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Blue Nose

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I have been trying to prioritise a list importance in my life over the past few days during this horrible time.
My brother is in ICU in hospital in London with the virus, over 100 medicos have died in their pursuit to try and keep patients alive
My niece works in a laboratory in a full protective suit and face mask all day testing samples for Covid-19. she is shattered but keeps on going
A lot of the worlds mortuaries are full, so the victims of the virus are left to decompose in the backs of trucks.
To date 240,000 have lost their lives to this heinous disease.
and GRANDOLD TEAM ask me to vote on whether football should continue behind closed gates in a neutral ground. "NO IT SHOULDN'T "
We have to protect our players in spite of themselves.Playing in an empty stadium is just a question of economics for the owners
Me and my brother go back a long time as Blues to a a time when
" FOOTBALL WAS A GAME FOR THE WORKING MAN, NOW JUST A PLAYTHING FOR A WEALTHY MAN"
So my priorities are Family,Health,Employment,..........Football and EVERTON are further down my list. After all it is just a game, albeit the best game in the world

I have been trying to prioritise a list importance in my life over the past few days during this horrible time.
My brother is in ICU in hospital in London with the virus, over 100 medicos have died in their pursuit to try and keep patients alive
My niece works in a laboratory in a full protective suit and face mask all day testing samples for Covid-19. she is shattered but keeps on going
A lot of the worlds mortuaries are full, so the victims of the virus are left to decompose in the backs of trucks.
and GRANDOLD TEAM ask me to vote on whether football should continue behind closed gates in a neutral ground. "NO IT SHOULDN'T "
We have to protect our players in spite of themselves.Playing in an empty stadium is just a question of economics for the owners
" FOOTBALL WAS A GAME FOR THE WORKING MAN, NOW JUST A PLAYTHING FOR A WEALTHY MAN"
So my priorities are Family,Health,Employment,..........Football and EVERTON are further down my list. After all it is just a game, albeit the best game in the world
Can agree with some of this. Figures 1968 4 million died over 4 months with Hong Kong flu. 80000 alone in the UK. No isolation in place. No reporting every day of the death count. No story on the BBC of families who lost loved ones. Business as normal
Any death is a personal tragedy. And I truly hope yr brother is ok. But we need a bit of perspective here. This is s terrible virus. But for most people if you get it you may not even notice e.g Kenny daglish or you will have mild symptoms. And the NHS are doing a great job as are the low paid care staff

Best of luck to your brother for a swift recovery.

You are right mate.

Big support network here to talk to, make sure to use it to vent a bit and tell us how you and your brother are.

God Bless x.

Sending best wishes to your brother mate.

Got me thinking, we were terrible in the 90's but they were by far and away the best days going the match for me. Just me, my brother and all day sessions.

No matter where the club lies in your priorities throughout your life, they are a constant that seem higher up the list in better times and lower down when you're suffering.

Many thanks to all you bluenoses for your kind words and thoughts it is uplifting !!
My hope is we can get back to normal ASAP with as little as possible addition to the long list of victims to the virus
My wish to you all is that Ancelotti buys well and takes us to a trophy sometime during 2022/23 !!
Take care

Many thanks to all you bluenoses for your kind words and thoughts it is uplifting !!
My hope is we can get back to normal ASAP with as little as possible addition to the long list of victims to the virus
My wish to you all is that Ancelotti buys well and takes us to a trophy sometime during 2022/23 !!
Take care
Best wishes to you and your brother. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

The only change I'd make to that is I'd put Everton before football. Although everton would not be here without football, should tomorrow football never be around, i do think Everton and its peoples community would be.

The clubs and its players are probably do more for humanity right now than football itself. Football is embarrassing itself to be Frank at the moment.

Best wishes to your family, praying for a speedy recovery!

What? Coloured text? Didn't even think that were a thing. Surely the first poster to use it.

Good post mate - hope your family stays safe in their heroic works.

Status
Not open for further replies.