"Everton" free school

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about long term economic control, I'm talking about control of the curriculum. These free schools can be opened up and run by any old [Poor language removed] like Toby Young or sponsored by Pepsi or Coke. D'you think [Poor language removed] like that aren't going to edge teaching down some free market ideologiical cul-de-sac churning out tomorrows neo-Thatcherite children of the damned?

*sigh*

You have to laugh really Dave. I mean there are countless studies out there saying that school leavers lack the skills needed to be of value to employers right now, yet you bemoan those same employers having a say in the education children receive. Surely it would make sense if the employment market requires Skill A that they influence the education system to ensure Skill A is produced?

I mean I dare say you support apprenticeships, yet they're absolutely no different at all. It's still an employer providing an education to a young person with the aim of employing them at the end. I doubt many would accuse apprenticeships as some kind of Thatcherite brain washing program.

Germany, France and Britain. Three G8 economies below Estonia.

I dont think we need dwell on that table too long.

Britain still churns out cutting edge research and our top unis are at the cutting edge of developing new technologies. We must be doing something right.

Yes we're in the G8 for now, but for how much longer? The BRICs are coming. As for our leading minds. A quick question for you. How many PHD students in Britain are British vs foreign?

You're talking about long term economic control, I'm talking about control of the curriculum. These free schools can be opened up and run by any old [Poor language removed] like Toby Young or sponsored by Pepsi or Coke. D'you think [Poor language removed] like that aren't going to edge teaching down some free market ideologiical cul-de-sac churning out tomorrows neo-Thatcherite children of the damned?

*sigh*

I was originally responding to your statement that money is being taken away from State schools and directly funneled into the free schools scheme. In fact, the free schools scheme will use less than 0.1% of the total funds recouped from the scrapping of the BSF initiative. A drop in the ocean which has allowed for the building of 24 schools.

With regard to who can run the schools, they could also be run by parents and communities who want to control the way their children are taught. But no that can't happen can it, because it's an idea from the Tories. So it must be EVIL.

I refer you back to the Swedish experience I alluded to earlier. Go and see what they think of the proto-type they developed and are now rejecting but these daft Tory tvvats are now running with.

There is no one size fits all solution to education, just because one method works for one country doesn't mean it will for another. Like how State education in this country absolutely stinks, while Finland uses a similar system and is the best all round nation for education in the developed world.

Last edited:

St Wilfrids and St George of England were torpedoed by Sefton Council, they are to combine to form a free school. Everyones delighted.

It's not all about nationale politik, comrade..

Not going to attract any RS is it?

Then again what kind of wife-beating, car robbing, Lidl thieving Gobsh1te would send his children to an Everton school anyway? Obviously The Sh1te will have to open their own school with lessons in Norse History, Mathematics (counting to 14 with practical examples of a group of travelling fans on a trip to Upton Park), Biology (how to shag pigs basically), Geography (see Maths lesson), English (as a Foreign Language), PE (mostly hurdle/turnstile leaping), Building skills (how to rip a toilet off a wall) & perhaps toilet training for the more senior members.

Gee I thought this was a football forum not a political one. So getting back to that. Everton have been holding free school for as long as I have been alive. Once a year class is in session at Anfield, and it only goes to prove the theory that its not a money problem or a poor teacher performance, The redshte are living proof that some people are too stupid to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.